The Rugby Union Thread

Samoa getting done for off the ball tackles now, but I have a ton of sympathy for them. When you commit to a dummy run like that approaching the gain line you kind of have to expect to have one put on you.

For fucks sake Farrell!!!

England aren’t going anywhere in the knockout stages. Too sloppy in handling, not quick enough in decision making. And now kicking game is a shambles as well

Is Farrell their first choice though?

From what I saw of Ford he should be.

Yet they’re likely to get a game but limited Fiji in the quarters and so even as bad as they have been they could find themselves having limped into a semi final and from there who knows. They certainly werent a better side than NZ 4 years ago

Dallalio rightly ripping into them post-game

Pougatch: “What are England going to be looking to work on next week”

Wilkinson: “uhh…”

Dallalio: “(smirking) A LOT…a lot”

How was a penalty not given for that awful tackle on the Samoan?
Why didn’t the ‘VAR’ step in?
It’s been a great WC so far ambience and team spirit but refereeing has been a complete bewilderment to me.

1 Like

McCoist and Nesbitt look like they’ve been enjoying themselves!

Farrell is the England rugby equivalent of Maguire. Coaches seem to have a blind spot with him.
I saw him wind up two passes this evening that felt like it took half and hour before sending them miles off target.

I simply think Ford can’t play with him, he drags everyone around him down.

I do hope we get to see him again this tournament.

Ireland proving to be just too good. They get away with all sorts at the breakdown but you can’t argue with their accuracy in the opposition 22 though.

It’s been a conversation that has lasted for 10 years and he just stays around without ever actually proving his doubters wrong.

It’s very reminiscent of the early Pro days where it increasingly came to believed that you couldnt compete with the SH sides with a an outside half who eliminated your back 5 the way Rob Andrew did and yet no one could find a way to drop him.

Thanks for the clarification.

And they still haven’t managed to shut Andrew up either

BBC - A sluggish England outlasted a bruising, brilliant Samoa performance to head to the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals with a full house of Pool D wins

Hahaha, I thought England lost judging from some of the comments on here.

Sluggish England, bruising brilliant Samoa. Just not bruising or brilliant enough.

Granted England are no where near where they need to be.

My prediction. Ireland will get taken apart by The All Blacks.

Are the Jocks really the 5th best team in the world?

1 Like

How offensive.
I’m off to find someone to report you to

Nope. As in many sports, the world rankings are a joke.

1 Like

Sorry Forgive Me GIF

You didn’t see what I saw.
I agree that against Argentina Ford was good, however the team he had around him was disciplined and kept the pressure off him. As soon as England become headless there’s just too much pressure on Ford and he becomes a liability.
Farrell when England become headless becomes even more headless than the rest and it looks right. :rofl:
Until England learn to be disciplined and ‘rub the ref up the right way’ they will not be able to play a Fly half with skill.
All that is ignoring how poor the England scrum halves are.

That doesn’t make any sense.

If you play Ford they don’t play well
If they play Farrell they don’t play well

1 Like

When was the last time you saw England playing ‘well’ considering they are the biggest (in number) nation in Rugby Union?

As I pointed out I’ve sort of never really watched it. I was more of a league person but I’ve given it a proper go this time and enjoyed it but im slightly confused when you say they won’t play their flair player because they are shit so they play the shit guy so he is shit like the rest of them.

1 Like