The Run In Thread

Yep. His problems with us, or even with England, are not his fault per se. He was simply promoted above his capabilities by people who didn’t know better. He did the best he could, which was not good enough, but did it with no malice, and anything he wants to say afterwards about not getting a fair shot is water off our backs. There is nothing at all to be gained from not being decent to a guy on what is likely to be his final day in football. But it will not be Clem coming back to Anfield on the final day.

1 Like

He absolutely has a chip on his shoulder about whether his achievements are rated as highly as he thinks they should be. Didn’t you know he won the league in Sweden? I think that is very arrogant, and a reflection of his limitation, that he thinks that sort of thing is evidence of his suitability for big jobs.

4 Likes

Maybe felt he was badly treated in the media and by the fans like a footballing dinosaur or a nobody, I can understand that. I’m absolutely fine with Roy.

1 Like

He absolutely did, but in the same way I feel badly treated by Apple not making me CEO when Jobs stood down.

3 Likes

So nice that he wouldn’t dismiss the idea of United poaching Torres from Liverpool. They were after all managed by his buddy Ferguson.

4 Likes

Umm, guys, we have a thread for him :blush:

1 Like

Listening to TAW on this. One interesting point. Much better to have Leicester in the CL next season than Chelsea. Possible later stage opponents.

2 Likes

Think we should for now concentrate on ourselves. Imagine if we beat Burnley and then bottle it on matchday 38. We need to focus.

What they do tonight is not in our hands. It does not change a lot for us.

2 Likes

Yep, Im buying this. Im really on the fence about what results gives us the best chance of qualifying (I think a Leicester win), but if we extend this out to the consequences of which teams qualify, keeping Chelsea out of the mix would be brilliant.

C’mon Leicester.

3 Likes

Chelsea in the CL as England’s 5th team would be more preferable.

2 Likes

Apart from his short spell with us, which was a train wreck of the highest order, I have no problem with him neither. He did a fine job almost everywhere he went.

Inter Milan and us are probably the two only jobs which proved too big for him. Oh yeah, and England, but that’s a poisoned chalice at all times and under any circumstances.

Yep, come on BR! Almost feels good to be saying that again. Can’t help it, THAT win against City.

3 Likes

Destroying Spurs and Arsenal too…

1 Like

I’d quite like to see Klopp absolutely destroy a Tuchel led Chelsea in the Champions league next season

6 Likes

Plastic club lead by a plastic version of Klopp.

11 Likes

Leicester are fucking gash.

2 Likes

It’s no good Werner ranting at the referees. He couldn’t keep himself onside, and then he put the ball in the goal with his hand. That’s his own fault.

1 Like

Chelsea well on top… but only 0-0.

Ripe for Leicester to regroup and Vardy to nick something? Maybe. But more likely Chelsea’s superiority will start to show up on the scoreline soon…

1-0 now, Brendan needs to wake his lads up!

Hmmmm, not the best result for us. Still in our hands though. Win tomorrow by a lot and repeat on Sunday. Job done. It’s possible to win one and lose one and still get 4th but let’s do it on our own steam please.

3 Likes