The Run In Thread

6 Likes

Not really that wasn’t the last game of the season.

West Ham - Southampton
Arsenal - Brighton
Leicester - Spurs
Everton - Man City

West Ham at home need one point against Saints to reach the EL.

Seeing this I’m not sure about Spurs showing up against Leicester.

Harry Kane might want that golden boot but I can’t see his teammates want to play in Malta, Gibraltar, Estonia and Slovenia next season.

Same goes for Arsenal.

Yeah but there is one thing not bothering, quite another losing 5-0.

And on the other side of the coin Palace have also nothing to play for.

I don’t think Spurs have anything to play for however this conference league will probably be something they can shift the reserves into and it will allow them to shift that fine off with little loss in future European campaigns.

Just glad we aren’t playing in it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seventh place get Europa, since Leicester won the FA Cup?

Nah only two for Europa and one for this new Conference league.

Why I was glad Spurs lost last night before our game could console myself regardless what happened we weren’t ending up in that.

2 Likes

I was convinced in February that we would not make it, all those injuries, midfielders playing CB and therefore weakening midfield the bias of most of the match officials, no fans in the stadium …

But Klopp and the boys did themself proud in this crazy season and on Sunday we need one more win and I will say Chapeau! Liverpool!

8 Likes

Can’t believe we are in this position tbh, after Newcastle I 100% thought it was over.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

12 Likes

If we do manage this, if we do get 4th, it will be an amazing achievement given how bad this season’s been.

13 Likes

I think it is fascinating that this crucial match against Palace for CL qualification see us play against FSG’s first serving manger at Liverpool (although they inherited him) who is now retiring.

10 Likes

Me too, thought we were dead until not long ago in fact. But the season proved to be crazy once again and unpredictable. Gave us a chance and we’re on our way of making the most of it. Let’s secure CL, put this crap season to bed and move on.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to erase this season from my brain.

7 Likes

For months the issue has always been about whether we could get our shit together, not whether there would be enough points dropped by the sides we were chasing. That’s why the Newcastle and Leeds games felt so deflating, not because of the dropped points per se but because it laid bare the challenge we were going to have taking care of our own business.

I think some of the pessimism has also maybe been due to warping of expectations of 2 seasons of being involved in chases that gave no margin for error. The race for 4th is never like that. Furthermore, the points totals in the top half are down from the recent standards. City are obviously well off the recent title winners’ pace, and Utd are going to finish second with a points total that in recent years wouldn’t even see them qualify for the CL.

7 Likes

17 Likes

Football’s started to feel a bit more normal this week with the return of the fans. Every game seems a bit more intense. Players more focused. There was even a mass outbreak of handbags in the Chelsea v Leicester game. All this should help us. City only need a ball and a pitch because they are so good technically. In fact an atmosphere seems to work against them i.e. Brighton. It’s the opposite with us.

I am not taking anything for granted on Sunday, but I will celebrate like we’ve won the league if we make top 4. After the Fulham game I couldn’t see where another point was coming from. If we make it now it’s going to be huge, not just because of CL football but because of the momentum it gives us going into next season.

8 Likes

Bobby’s boots are going to be smoking he’ll be running that hard. Last day of the season. A chance to run their bodies into the ground with little to no consequence, and in front of our fans for the first time in 6 months, which is something our players thrive on. I would be shocked if we don’t pull CP’s pants down.

And thats not being cocky or overconfident. The home team has a massive advantage these last 2 game days no matter who the team is.

7 Likes

Man for man our starting 11 will probably consist of at least 9 players better than their counterpart. I dont think that applies as clearly to Leicester against Spurs.

3 Likes

3 down… 1 to go… I hope we play confident but not too cocky. We haven’t qualified yet.
We have the whole league against us. The Refs. The other teams. VAR… There is now a great deal of pressure on us now that we have come back from the dead into the pole position given our opposition for the final match…

Can’t let this slip.

2 Likes

Bar that Burnley crowd, they seemed to forgotten how to be a crowd.

1 Like

Highly inappropriate and frankly disgusting. Have you a higher res version (or 3D) that I can inspect at length to thoroughly decide on my ire please? Cheers :wink:

7 Likes