The Run In Thread

I like your thinking.

Wait, you are thinking what I think you’re thinking, right?

1 Like

I genuinely fucking hope not

1 Like

Then we’re ok!!!

1 Like

@Alright_Now_Legend, they don’t know that we know they know we know.

1 Like

Fuck sake. Reports are that Palmer is a doubt for the Arsenal game on Tuesday

That’s them fucked then…

…if they get a pen.

Hopefully, it is just mind games by the master tactician Poch

Noni GIF by PSV

Huge pressure on us now after Arsenal trashed Chelsea 5-0 last night. It’s impossible now for us to better their GD, so this win is effectively like one more point for them.

Three points against Everton is just the minimum in order to keep us in touch. Failing that, it will be curtains for us.

2 Likes

We were never going to win all against Everton, West Ham, Spurs and Villa.

Bottled it against Palace. That’s the harsh truth.

2 Likes

Anyone using the phrase ‘bottled it’ needs putting in the fucking bin.

2 Likes

We might end up winning all the matches and still win the title.

Also , refereeing screwed us this title not one loss against Palace.

5 Likes

Don’t need to go for the goal difference. The only thing that can be done is to win all the matches and hope the arse and the cunts slip up.

1 Like

Whatever we call it, we likely broke our teeth in those few days against Atalanta and Palace. A sudden serious drop of performance, result and even atmosphere.

1 Like

The most consistent team over 38 games wins the league, who decides what fixture you look back on where you dropped points as the reason? “Bottled it” is a bit strong too use right now but if we drop points today and again on the weekend, that’ll be enough for me to say we’ve bottled it too.

We simply haven’t turned up in a lot of the draws/losses we’ve had except maybe Spurs, Utd away and City at home.

This part where it’s always the referee’s/Var always costing us is getting a bit of a cliche to me, every match it’s always the same thing when things don’t go our way ( which I understand & I fall into that trap when it feels like it)

But there does seem to be a genuine section that believes there is some sort of edict that they look to deliberately deny us fowls/goals whatever to actually go in favour of man city…again which I understand because when I do see some city matches decisions seem to go their way it feels.

But the truth is , if there was anything underhand like this that was going on , there genuinely would have been leaks in regards to discussions/paperwork / orders…

Imo this starts coming across as a reason as to why we didn’t win what we would like etc…because we were cheated…

1 Like

I think this is an important point. If we do what is in our own power to do, we achieve all our objectives.

FA Cup - should/could we have won against Man Utd? I think so. We had more than enough.

Europa - should/could we have won against Atalanta? If we were anywhere close to our best, yes. It must be remembered that they came to Anfield and put on a great performance, and I can’t think of any harsh decisions against us, so sometimes you lose. It’s part of the game.

Prem - there are so many data points to look at, this one could be a buffet. But limiting it to the last couple of weeks, could/should we have won against Man Utd and Crystal Palace? Man Utd, definitely. We had plenty to win 4-1 or so. Crystal Palace, we were poor. Anything close to our best and we win at home against them. But we didn’t do it. Even then we probably should have got something from the game. That was careless, and I don’t recall any official robbing us.

Yes, there have of course been dodgy decisions. I do believe there is something for the authorities to look into, and Paul Tomkins has written - at length - on it.

But I am unwilling to go there to the fullest extent, and not look at our own sporting shortcomings.

For me, the simple truth is that if we did what we reasonably should have done, in just the Man Utd and Palace games, we are top of the league and looking to keep going to the finish line.

We are not out of it, but with two teams ahead of us and games running out, we now need to win all our games - some tricky ones in there too - and hope they both stumble.

With Man City having form for winning runs, and Arsenal looking red hot at the moment, it seems a tall order. But you never know, and we must fight on.

2 Likes

GD still matters if City draw a game and Arsenal drop points. We’ll be level on points with City. City on +44 vs our +43 atm.

1 Like

The cycle’s come back around in full motion hasn’t it, curtesy of the footballing Gods.

GD in '89
by 2 points in '09
by 2 points in '14
by 1 point in '19
by 1 point in '22
by GD in '24?

So we’ll miss out narrowly twice more before we next win it…circa 2054.

One of the worst things about the rise of Man City is that its made it almost impossible to have “normal” seasons. We’ve lost three league games and feel entitled to accuse the team of being cowards. Hate it.

9 Likes