The Run In Thread

It was 4 points in 2009.

‘Bottling it’ has implications and accusations around mentality. Anyone who thinks mentality has been a problem needs to get a grip of themselves. We finished fifth last year. No-one had a right to expect a title charge a year later.

Sometimes it’s just a matter of running out of gas. Against Utd and Palace we looked a lot like a team suddenly finding everything a bit too hard.

We’ve had a lot of injuries - a crisis that Jurgen has managed really well - but it’s also inevitable that it will catch up with us at some point. We’ve been unlucky that tiredness has crept in just before the returning lads are up to speed.

4 Likes

It’s quite incredible how we’ve managed to ride our luck in that way, but I do also think that Jürgen deviated from how he was managing the situation, in that he stopped playing the kids as much. Some games I’ve felt as though that even if they might be inferior to the rest of the team, they would have offered the energy that we were lacking.

We could have manufactured a couple of Macheda moments, if nothing else.

1 Like

Keep watching just in case mate :blush:

2 Likes

I remember how many “cycles” were hinting us winning some titles or CL finals, and yet it didn’t happen, so it makes me optimistic that this so called cycle you mentioned means absolutely nothing, and we need to win our remaining games and see where it takes us, hopefully enough for the title.
Like I said, I’m mostly worrying whether we will be able to (win all remaining 5 games). Let’s win today, for now.

1 Like

So I sacrificed this chicken for nothing?

major league baseball GIF by Morgan Creek

Well, not nothing
You ate it, right?

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

We need to do what’s in our hands first.

There are somethings out of our hands. Win all the matches , that’s the minimum required.

Arsenal will slip up, I’m very confident on that. Just need to make sure we take advantage.

City isn’t the same side as it was last year. I don’t think they’ll slip up but what if they do.

still hoping for a miracle, and im allowed to do so.

if its not us, id want city to win it, keep the narative that the Prems a broken product, surely the Arsenal dont get to tin arse a PL title after everything we’ve done over the last 8 years…

4 Likes

It was never going to happen.

I know the officials did cost us some points but our football was never good or convincing enough anyway.

1-0 down 15 times. That’s not how Champions play. Every match was difficult. Every match was nervy. No domination. Most of the games we’ve turned around were probably more down to individual class than by brilliant tactics.

Failed to gain momentum and build on it in important moments of the season.

2 Likes

Five more points to secure CL.

2 Likes

Play the kids.

They won…no, they haven’t done any worst when they’ve played.

Give the likes of Salah Jones Szobo Harvey a chance for the u21s to find their form.

Well Spurs would probably have to beat Arsenal and Man City.

Be a kicker if they did mind.

Anyhow one win should do it.

1 Like

Absofuckinglutely.

2 Likes

Yep. We’ve got them too though, but I’ve already decided that we won’t lose to Spurs. We will be the beneficiaries of an outrageous VAR/Refereeing error, purely so PGMOL can seed the narrative that they all even put in the end.

1 Like

Probably.

Would be nice if they can give Klopp a send off, I’ll be strolling around Berlin I feel anyhow.

I don’t think that’s true. Saw plenty of video analysis showing what changed tactically (most of the time at HT) that accommodated the individual class you are referring to.

And I do think Klopp has been ingenious in that respect, and let down by our recent diabolical lack of finishing.

4 Likes

The first time in my life that I am contemplating not bothering watching the last games of the season.

4 games to go, with a mathematical chance of winning, and I just don’t care. It’s not, the not winning, it’s more the what the fuck am I watching.

I could spend 8 hrs doing productive work or watch 4 game that will ultimately not matter.

I can only feel that this is such a sad send off for Jurgen, he deserves so much more for what he has done and created, and for that reason, I am going to suffer through 4 more games, because that man deserves it, and I’m also a fucking idiot (I googled it).

3 Likes

There is stuff I need to do on Saturday though I may catch it, Spurs I’m in Berlin and it’s a whole city to explore the other two I’ll catch.