The Sackrace Thread

Slaven Bilic had a better chance of keeping them up than Fat-Head…
The WBA board of directors in being relegated, are getting exactly what they deserve

5 Likes

For a while, I think his Bolton sides were a somewhat fun team to watch and many fans had a soft spot for them as the plucky underdog. I don’t know why his footballing approach regressed…

4 Likes

Fat Sam ate the underdog.

7 Likes

Nuno is set to quit Wolves after Sunday:

4 Likes

Another job for fat Sam? I don’t think Sammy has a Wolves tracksuit yet.

3 Likes

Bet their next manager will be able to speak Portuguese and or Spanish.

4 Likes

Honestly, I think because of the availability of talent. For as industrial as his Bolton team are regarded as, it was a team that contained the likes of Ockacha, Djorkeaf, Campo, Hierro, Stelios (even diouff). I think where they were good is that they were well balanced, in that they could get hte ball down and play against a physical team, but out fight a good side. It’s a very Bob Paisley way of thinking about the game.

3 Likes

Fabrizio is usually correct (but of course not 100% of the time) as he is amongst the best informed footie journos. If he says this, then Lage is certainly being considered:
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1395730717640900609

Edit: @GermanRed , Lage is Portugese :smiley:

2 Likes

But he had the chance to offer that at both West Ham and Newcastle, but didn’t even appear to try. Surely it must have been easier at those two clubs to land talented players than it was at Bolton?

2 Likes

He’s basically the English Rex Ryan:

5 Likes

I wonder where he’s off to then? Real Madrid?

My bet is on Marco Silva to takeover at Wolves.

:joy:

2 Likes

Lennie Lawrence (one for the youngsters :slight_smile: )

That is a mild shocker regarding Nuno’s departure. He doesn’t strike me as the type that would run from a challenge, given how difficult of a season Wolves experienced.

All that said, I am one of the few that never found anything charming about Nuno.

1 Like

Kevin Keegan, when he resigned as England manager.

Yeah, our great dispute that :rofl:

But in any case, will be interesting to see how they do next year. My some what wild guess is that they will be relegated in 2-5 years, since I am not convinced most other managers will be able to keep them as a stable Premier League team. I think this is the end of their new Premier League era, or start of it anyway. But for the sake of my Wolves supporting friend, I hope I wrong.

1 Like

More chance Lennie the Lion!! (I’m too old)

2 Likes

cheers for making me google. Looks like a cool children’s tv from the 50’s and 60’s from the pictures. In any case, ventriloquistism is always fun when people are skilled.

3 Likes

Didn’t he quit due to lack of support from the FA?

Nar, in the immediate aftermath of the loss to germany in WC qualifiers saying he wasnt up to the job.

3 Likes