The Sackrace Thread

Don’t suggest any of the performances this season to watch :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Has he not retired yet?

Yes, I see that he did in fact retire in April last year. I believe he’s still very popular in Cardiff though, so you never know. May not have seen the last of him.

1 Like

I was half joking, I noted he joined Twitter and instantly posted about Brexit :roll_eyes::rofl:

Nathan jones has been sacked after just 8 games!

Report says 14?

Indy called it yesterday

amazing how they can throw out so much crap and occasionally get one right :wink:

Has fat sam retired, only victory was over the bitters. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

He lost 7 of them…

3 Likes

Interesting article that uses statistics to argue there is no measurable new manager bounce.

1 Like

To be honest I remarked there seems a general lack of new manage bounces in recent years.

1 Like

Can’t say I’m surprised, brought Palace down into a dogfight they shouldnt be in…on St Patricks day as well.

Id sack him if he couldnt beat us as well :laughing:

3 points for Palace against Arsenal Sunday then…

They just never kicked on and I was getting anger from Palace fans far earlier.

Big Sam then?

I dont watch Palace enough to know how reactionary this is, but they dont seem to be a side who have reason to expect better than they’re doing. I get they are close to relegation spots points wise, but relatively it’s the same midtable position he achieved last year with lots of plaudits.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is so much their position in the league, but 12 games without a win is the sort of form that boards are right to start asking questions

This is pretty much what it comes down to along with being toothless in front of goal all season. From 1.26 ppg last season to 1.00 this may not seem like a lot but when you’re in a tightly contested relegation battle constantly looking over your shoulders…it becomes a problem. Long winless run + dumped out the FA cup by Southampton…

Totally understand, but you’ve got a young manager who is highly regarded and earned praise for the previous season and has a squad that isn’t exactly filled with experienced talent.

2 Likes

Last season I was impressed with Vieira, because the summer of 2021 looked like huge problems for Palace. They were down to about 15 (or less, can’t remember) senior players, so many players leaving on a free. Took over a delicate situation and actually had a very safe season. Tricky start, but got to 12th in the end and played the FA Cup semi final. This season it still seemed alright, but no league win since end of December… nothing dramatic for PL standards if there’s a sacking after a run like that.

1 Like

This is what surprises me (although saying that the Palace board can be somewhat trigger happy). He is a young manager learning his trade.

1 Like