The Sackrace Thread

I didn’t know Sheffield is Sheikh owned as well. I will start to hate them properly from now on.

Thing is none of WBA (yeah, I hear you @Alright_Now), Burnley, Fulham or Sheffield seems to be going anywhere with their present managers. So unless these teams pick up positive results in the next 2-3 games, chopping will begin in earnest.

WBA: Palace, Newcastle (A). City (A)
Burnley: Everton, Arsenal (A), Villa (A)
Fulham: Leicester (A), City (A), Liverpool
Sheffield: Leicester, Southampton (A), United

2 Likes

WTF? Sheffield are owned by a sheikh? I didn’t know that… :scream:

Hopefully they’ll stay with their solitary point until the end of the season then.

5 Likes

Sean Dyche - Back to Sunday League

1 Like

Have changed my vote from Lampard to Wilder as Sheffield look like they’ll be going down quicker than a 2 doller hooker in Vegas.

Was tempted to vote for Arteta, and results could see them drop to just above the relegation spots, but I think they’ve enough of a points lead on Sheffield, Fulham and West Brom to not get dragged into an out and out battle with any of them.

Burnley have stuck by Dyche in previous relegations to allow him the chance to bring Burnley back up, so find it hard to see them sacking him - unless the players decide to stage a revolt/coup and down tools.

1 Like

Unfortunately, he is the one (along with his despicable Burnley) odds-on to survive.

1 Like

Oh yeah. An all round clusterfuck. It was a fascinating study in dirty, underhanded business tactics, employed by both sides. Kevin McCabe played a dangerous game and ultimately lost 50% of his shares for £5M. I feel for him on a few levels bc he did put quite a bit of his own cash into the club when times were lean, but ultimately he got burned by his own doing.

3 Likes

I think if Arsenal’s form continues he might be a gonner, not sure what Parker has to do to survive, I think Bilic will be fine for now.

Wilder is probably the one but I think they will wait til the new year.

1 Like

Unless the takeover of the club happens… then they will have him out on his ear…!
They will get Fat Ead Sam back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I wonder if Fat Sam feels he is too big for these jobs now or after Everton no one thinks he has the Midas touch anymore.

Be nice to see Howe back

1 Like

tbf to Flabby Sam does have his 100% win record as England manager,Lallana scored in every England game Sam managed.

2 Likes

Lallana has an unbeaten record when scoring or assisting for England, in fact it’s almost 100%, one of those pointless stats.

2 Likes

Still think it’ll be a bit pre-mature to sack Arteta. Atleast there is some progress. If they were really expecting him to come deliver right away, they shouldn’t have gone for an unproven manager at the first place. Any new manager needs at least 2-3 windows to show some visible progress, especially those who haven’t managed at such high levels before.

3 Likes

Strange to be this far into the campaign and no sackings yet. Maybe clubs finances are part of the issue. Surely Sheffield United must sack Chris Wilder if they care at all about staying up. Also, Arteta has shown nothing at Arsenal. He’s completely out of his depth.

4 Likes

You do wonder considering the ownership isn’t short of money at Sheffield United, it’s already 8pts they have to make up.

1 Like

Lucien Favre is the first high profile manager to be sacked. But there are a bunch who are walking the tight-rope. Barcelona, Real, Inter, Juventus, United, City, Arsenal, Sheffield are not somewhere they are expected to be.

I think some managers are probably thinking they are for very lucky this morning considering what’s happened at Dortmund.

5 Likes

Arteta to this thread:

4 Likes

Bilic apparently sacked with Flabbadyce favourite to come back and annoy the fuck out of everyone.

2 Likes

Seems harsh after getting a draw away to City :confused:

3 Likes

Every time I look at the league table I think “How the fuck is Chris Wilder still employed?”. One point from 36! What does he need to do to get lobbed? Kill some fucker?

4 Likes