The Sackrace Thread

I really don’t understand why they give these guys such long contracts. If I was an owner I would not give more than a 3 or 6 month contract…also build into the contract if they lose 2 games in a row then their contract is terminated automatically.

It would make for a much more enjoyable experience for fans and pundits…

It’s almost the same thing. Regardless of the length of the contract these days, even if it does bring certain security (and it’s good that it’s there), it doesn’t mean much. We see it every day.

What I would like to see, if the problem is so much the managers and head coaches so often, is for club officials and directors to appear more in press conferences and similar. Managers are bombarded a few times per week on football and non football matters.

The relation between how much focus there is on, okay, still the single important person for the football side of a club and matters that are more for upstairs people is too big.

Since football spends so much money on players, I actually applauded a few times recently when clubs spent a bigger amount on a manager.

And the very sad thing these days is that the outside world influences the inside more than ever. The so called feeling around the club of whatever, f*ck knows how they measure that. Social media warriors and then the media naturally exploits that also.

But yeah, Chelsea with a new owner like Boehly and a head coach like Potter probably wasn’t a great match or timing for both sides to be together.

This was one of Conte’s comments earlier in the season - he isn’t given the authority to make decisions, yet he is the only person at the club asked to be publicly accountable.

I don’t think most fans want to hear post match interviews, press conferences etc from the directors or club officials. How do you think that would go? Hey JH why have Liverpool been so poor this season?Are you thinking of sacking JK?

Not sure Conte would have wanted DL talking about Spurs in public.

I bet Billy Hogan could bullshit well in them :joy:

1 Like

I remember Sarri at Chelsea answering some questions like, you’re asking the wrong person. Felt sorry for the guy. I mean, especially at Chelsea, where there’s been so many changes and it’s often hard to see what’s even their strategy from above. And we’re past the age where the manager has so many responsibilities and there you have, I don’t know, a Ferguson or a Wenger able to respond on a variety of topics. It doesn’t have to be the owner (can be a director, be it club or sporting), it doesn’t have to be in a pre-match press conference. At the end of the day, the pitch is what matters most. But with all that media attention only growing, it wouldn’t be bad to hear some other people as well from time to time (bad times especially). Relieve some pressure off football head coaches.

That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Fun for the fans though.

“Hey Julian Ward why are you leaving?” Is because JK doesn’t listen to you anymore?

I don’t feel sorry for the managers. Every job has a tedious part to it. They’re very well paid for it. Before they sign the contract they have the chance to ask about the set up. Most bring in their own people/team. And all know they’ll have press responsabilities.

Graham Potter has rejected an approach from Leicester. Potter wants to take a break after being fired by Chelsea. #LCFC :fox_face: [@talkSPORT]

Probably wondering what to do with the 60m.:woozy_face::woozy_face:

1 Like

Yeah I’m sure he’s devastated with a £60m payout and can walk into a job with another team like Brighton whenever he’s ready

2 Likes

60m pounds? Surely even chelscum aren’t that stupid? Even if it’s ‘only’ 10m then for 7 months of ‘stress’ he really can’t have many complaints. Won’t have to work or do meeja ever again unless he wants to and can’t say he’ll deserve any sympathy if he chooses to face a tough situation in the future.

I’ve read it’s £13m?

As with all contracts etc, it’s a private matter between Potter and Chelsea, so it will never be known, but I’d be shocked if it was £60m.

Guardian suggesting that Potter’s taken around £13m, and the total cost to Chelsea is £50m (hiring potter, firing Tuchel, firing Potter).

I really like Potter, and think he go fucked over by Chelsea’s brash approach. More of the same please Chelsea

Nagelsman in London for talks, Enrique on his way there this morning for talks.

13m for 7 months? I expect they are lining up for ‘talks’ all the way down the King’s Road. Hopefully they’ll give the job to another Harry P.

Rather they go for Enrique.

I’m seriously not that impressed.

Rumours Steve Cooper is being sacked. Did they all have April clauses or something?

:person_shrugging:t2:

So where would one find this line on King’s Rd?

Just asking for a mate :rofl:

According to Forest board as quoted by BBC.

“No one denies that our Club is in a difficult position in the Premier League, but we wish to end the speculation and the false and disruptive reporting in the media to confirm that Steve Cooper remains our manager at Nottingham Forest.”

Yeah, save a spot for me when you find it - happy to fly over for an interview… :rofl:. Always thought we need to see the ol’ 2-3-5 W-M formation in the PL and I could be the man to show the shite just how to do it and bring back those Christmas in the 1940s era scores.

Second time this season they’ve had to correct the media, the fucking shame they bring is unparalleled. They literally offered the bloke a new deal 6 months ago.

There are 9 teams that find themselves in a difficult position all for the same reason, they’re smart enough to know it was farfetched to think anything differently at the start of the season when everyone had them nailed on to go down by Christmas.

1 Like