The Sackrace Thread

He is slightly better than “Colin” Warnock

Impressive they got two on to this list in a 5 month period.

Most people are.

Surprised by this

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1670756495821078528?t=BT9jYL2Tsucird81kohDLQ&s=19

Evidently feel this is probably what happened.

https://twitter.com/nocontextfm1/status/1670757026379513858?s=20

Though saying that they had been dreadful since they beat us to confirm staying up.

Club evidently just needs money to balance the books of over expenditure for years.

I think so too, like Parker he must’ve had some run in with the board they didn’t like and then either they pulled the trigger or both parties agreed to fuck the other off.

Some boards really are fucking stupid and have no real professionalism about them, that all they do is fire people rather than looking at themselves.

1 Like

I do think they should have given O’Neill some funds to compete but financially I know they would have been in trouble if they hadn’t come up.

Basically they tried to push themselves to the next level and now they are paying for it. Most of their signings were terrible and players like Brooks who could have probably funded a summer’s worth of signings unfortunately had illness.

Anyhow I can’t see another survival. Unless Everton get penalised hard.

Weird.

Did an amazing job keeping them up.

Could be back to danger next season if they don’t appoint the right man, regardless that since January, they started spending more money under new owners.

Everton cannot get penalised.
If they do, then City do.
And neither will happen.

Sounds like that January spending was not money they wanted to spend, but done for survival. O’Neill has likely gone back to the board and told them he needed still more.

They would have to spend an enormous amount not to at least be in the mix for relegation, so it is somewhat surprising of a move. O’Neill might end up coming off better than Bournemouth.

He might. If I’m honest it seems a typical young manager bounce though. Jury would be out for me.

Don’t disagree with that. The job wasn’t going to get any easier, so the risk for him was sticking around to get fired in December when the board felt they needed to do something. This way he gets to wait for that wave of opportunities, and doesn’t get that effect that managers face when they have been saying the same thing for too long to a limited side that is struggling.

1 Like

That’s true, he is bound to get a decent Championship role at least off this and he may have learnt something.

Crazy still how well Howe did with them.

Anyone know the name of the PL manager been questioned by police over an alleged rape case…

Because if you do, please do not post it here unless you want the mods to have heart attacks :joy:

Not that surprised about O’Neill. A lot of their fans aren’t that enamoured with him and didn’t see him as a serious long term option. Could easily have seen a second syndrome type season for them with him in charge.

Wow, didn’t take them to replace him. No idea who this guy is, but evidently things were O’Neill have been headed this way long enough to allow a search.

2 Likes
1 Like

They getting all their news out today so they can have a long vacation.

He came on the radar for most people after being linked with Leeds after Marsh was sacked. He brought Rayo up to the top division then got them 2 very respectable mid table finishes, but resigned at the end of the season after Rayo refused to let him even talk to Leeds. This looks a little bit like Bournmouth jumping to get someone quickly they think is going to get a series of attractive offers.

2 Likes