The Sackrace Thread

It might not change the end result. But they’ll still do the stop gap arrangement before.

International break after next weekend so a good time for a sacking.

Poch
ETH
Dyche

Think one will be gone.

2 Likes

Beale just been sacked by Rangers.

Seems a bit surprising for them to sack the manager so early, but having found themselves 7 points behind Celtic so early it is hard to justify not taking action

2 Likes

dumped of the champs league by PSV

beaten by Celtic at Ibrox,

beaten by Aberdeen at Ibrox on Saturday,

the fans protested at the main entrance to Ibrox after the game,

they aint been happy for a while,

If you are the Gers manager (or the Celtic manager for that matter),
you must win every domestic game or you are out

Getting pumped in Eindhoven probably didn’t help, when you consider 12 months ago they beat them there.

Believe me, if you ever want to visit the Netherlands, skip that shite-hole Amsterdam and second Eindhoven, a city without a soul …

I’ve been but I was too young to remember much.

Next time I visit, it’ll be to see you me ol’ chap :wink:

1 Like

Another IB?! Jeebus, what’s this one in aid of? Pre-pre-pre US Thanksgiving? Fksk :angry:

Heading into prime sacking season. Duff out at Swansea, Mowbray supposedly going over the side at Sunderland

1 Like

Higginbottom also rumoured to be set to get the arse at Sheffield.

I hope the board to the smart thing and hold off sacking him till Friday :wink:

1 Like

So the first PL sacking has happend - Paul Heckingbottom out - Wilder back in.

Irritating that it’s come just before we face them

2 Likes

https://x.com/Exploding_Heads/status/1731683545700024762?s=20

If he can manage to keep them up from here (at the expense of Everton) he’s getting my vote for manager of the year. Unofficially anyway.

I just don’t see it happening. That side has been working, and getting results against near-peers. They just aren’t a PL side, losing one of their best scorers has crippled their attack. They swapped a 14 Championship goal scorer for an 11 Championship goal scorer. On defence, they swapped a DM who interested other PL sides for a DM from a side the Blades finished 21 points ahead of last year. Weakest attack in the league playing in front of the weakest defence, the results are about where one would expect. In August, most predictions had them struggling badly.

3 Likes

If we do our job we should have no problems getting the three points. They might benefit from a new manager bounce, and if we aren’t at it, it could get nervy.

Hopefully the new manager part is irrelevant and we win well.

Good luck to Wilder. After tomorrow.

He was trying us against the world… I would assume the only fans who actively hate them are Sheffield Wednesday.

1 Like

And Chesterfield :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to think we’ve contributed to Sheffield United by selling them Brewster.

I thought at the time that Wilder was unfairly sacked by the Sheff Utd board, given his previous heroics with them. He’ll surely improve them from where they are now.

But new manager-bounce or not, I prefer to face them at their place now, rather than after the January tranfer window, when they will certainly have got in a few new players, and Wilder will have had time to drill them into a solid and tough to break down unit again. Of course, it could be too late for them at this point.

I’d be interested to know it the board plan to keep him beyond this season, even if they get relegated. That’s what I’d do if I was them.

You’ve also got that you never should go back to a club you’ve left as it’s almost always diminished returns.