The Sackrace Thread

Just like getting back together with an ex.

1 Like

I canā€™t think of anyone who has massively succeeded. Always be a good example. Suppose Kenny and his two finals but then itā€™s not close to his first tenure, not saying it would have been easy in that space of time.

Ancelotti.

At Madrid?

Well thatā€™s not particularly hard as they only last about 5 minutes.

Heynckes.

That one is interesting but again we are talking top managers here where Iā€™m thinking the Big Sam types.

Seen it often in the Championship and League 1, Eddie Howe you could probably throw in this with Bournemouth as one I think stands out. I suppose itā€™s those that exhausted their tenure and went back.

Heynckes did 4 years then toured Europe for 20 years, Ancelotti was 2 years and then didnā€™t return for another 6.

Both clubs you could argue were different when they returned same goes for Kenny, Wilderā€™s been gone 2 after a 5 year stint. Reminds me of Pearson and Leicester.

Howe had done 3 years at Bournemouth and they were evidently still on an upwards trajectory when he left so when he returned a year or so later he just built on that.

1 Like

Wow, rumours that Cooper is in trouble. That is another one that seems bizarre. Forest are definitely going through a rough patch, which is disappointing in that they did strengthen somewhat over the summer. But they really were not a PL-grade squad last year and I donā€™t think anyone reasonably would have expected them to be completely out of the relegation mix this year.

Sometimes happens that certain owners think they should be more mid table. But when you look at the top and slightly below, there are not many ā€œsafeā€ places in this league. To just cruise without major expectations and not worry much. It pushes you down, not really in a relegation fight, but somewhere where you might have an uncomfortable feeling. Itā€™s impossible for all those clubs to be perfectly happy and ignore whatā€™s going on around them, simply others doing better. A club like Palace learned this a few times, while Forest are less experienced. I believed in them last season. I donā€™t think the signings they made necessarily raised expectations. Itā€™s still a big squad, now they need to finish cleaning, trim it down to a normal number, improve one or two bits and find stability.

2 Likes

He nearly went last season didnā€™t he?

and Cooper is gone. Nuno in talks to take over, which would have to put him in this thread by about March.

So, Forest going 3 at the back and physical.

1 Like

Feel for Cooper, owners making decisions with their head over their heart, only a head that contains no footballing knowledge or background whatsoever. 20th in championship when he took over, have some shame.

2 Likes

Sheff Utd and Forest - oh dear. Firing the guys who got you up and hiring the likes of Wilder and Nuno - who have been dire at their last few clubs. Wilder makes even less sense - he was shit before and was sacked.

Just looking at the poll at the top of the thread. Fourteen have been sacked, though not in all cases from the job they were in at the time. Ancelotti left Everton. Just 5 are still in place.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just as interesting to look at the clubs

Not only has Lampard been sacked, but they have gone through 2 more successors since and the 4th guy is one of the current favourites for the chop

Spurs have also fired 3, plus an interim.

Roy has retired, had his replacement fired and then come out of retirement to again find himself on the brink of being fired

Nuno was fired from that job and then from his next one within weeks of taking it

1 Like

West Brom are on their 5th manager since Bilic!

2 Likes

Get your money on Howe especially if they lose to Sunderland in FA cup.

I went to the top of the thread to have a lookā€¦

Moysey reading the first few dozen postsā€¦

As an aside, I know we all give him shit, but I love this gif.

He knows he looks like a twit but gives zero fucks.

World needs more of it.

5 Likes

Moyes looked like a dead man walking last night, but then again, he always does.