The Sackrace Thread

:thinking:
1 Like

It’s kinda hard to respect Sam’s managing skills when his inflated ego and body outweigh it massively.

I don’t like Fat Sams return especially with us playing WBA next week with our current injury situation. Could mean a few more injuries for us and a frustration game.

Our last 5 games against him. The 2:1 win was in the FA Cup and the rest were league games.

1 Like

Maybe we should sack Klopp and snatch Sam from under west broms nose.

2 Likes

Howling :joy:

I was sat in the Anfield Road end for the draw against Everton (we always draw when i sit in that stand) so apologies for that, even then their penalty wasn’t a penalty. Then again his time at Everton showed that even his style had reached it’s limits.

Saying all that we owe him for the last time we lost at home, as I assume the Palace win on that list is the last game we lost at Anfield. Our record against Bilic isn’t that great mind.

Sam? Is that you?

Just kidding. Fair enough, he did stumble into a purple patch all those years ago.

But I thought the name of the game was to stick the boot in on Fat Sam, not be fair and balanced, much less defend him?

1 Like

The thing with Allardyce is when he first appeared on the PL scene in the mid-90s he was seen as a progressive coach because - gasp! - he used analytic software and had a headset and stuff.

This was back in the days when chips and beans was seen as an acceptable pre-match meal and a pint in the bar after was how most professionals relaxed post-game.

Football moved on, techniques that were seen as revolutionary back then are not only commonplace now but have developed far further. Allardyce hasn’t continued to develop with it, though, and by the mid-noughties the once-progressive coach was now basically a dinosaur. In terms of the actual football his teams play, I’d argue it’s even regressed since those Bolton days.

6 Likes

I would say he has regressed.

2 Likes

That is a fair summise.

One question that it raises, which I’m not too skilled to look at (numbers and figures have never been my thing) is what level of backing he has gotten for transfers since that Bolton team, and how it compares to other the rest of the league at that period?

I remember at Blackburn, he transfer budget was pretty limited compared to alot of the league but can’t recall what it was like anywhere else.

1 Like

Found this, you can track his spending at every club:

2 Likes

Tuchel just got sacked at PSG.

Quality manager. Dortmund would have won at least two more trophies if it wasn’t for their CEOs ego.

2 Likes

Tuchel comes across as a bit petulant to me.

Arsenal next?

4 Likes

I never really got the hype over Tuchel. Nothing I saw made him stand out, but I guess he falls into the bracket of so many other managers following on from a legendary manager, it is very rare they stand out themselves as they have the massive shadow hanging over them, similar to the managers at Utd post Fergie - no manager was ever going to be successful there due to what they were following on from

5 Likes

If you manage PSG you’re only judged on winning the CL. Nothing else.
Yet they’ve chosen a manager whose never won anything in Poch.

3 Likes

To be honest it’s becoming a job that doesn’t really harm your career if you get the sack.

2 Likes

So no Pochettino for manu. Good.

3 Likes

Is this confirmed?

1 Like

Pretty much

1 Like