The Sackrace Thread

Their result this week makes it near impossible for them to secure CL football next season. You dont pay Mourinho that much money for him to land you the Europa league.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not going to change now though is it? Might as well let him park the bus for the Carabou Cup final and then lob him!

I just think it shows how much lack of interest they have in this final.

To them itā€™s not even a consideration. I know itā€™s not the greatest cup in the world and to be honest Iā€™d rather have us compete in the world club cup but theyā€™ve won nothing for a decade or so.

2 Likes

The timing of the sacking might also be intended as a slap to Mourinho. He is prevented a day out, cameras, and a possible trophy. As a big head, that might smart a little.

Ultimately though heā€™s a busted flush. The tactics are outdated and the football is sterile. Even if he could summon up his former self and organize a team well enough to nick something and hang on, itā€™s not worth the bother as his personality flaws are so great that heā€™s just toxic at a club.

Next step? Who knows. I canā€™t see a top team wanting him. And he has lots of money. Arguably the national team job with Portugal, as suggested above? Or some studio work?

Back to Bein sports with Arsen.

1 Like

So four sacking so far. Did Fulham sack their manager?

1 Like

Nah Parker has been there for a couple of seasons.

1 Like

Not sure if Fulham should stick to Scotty if they gain promotion again next season.

I think it will be more of a question if Parker wants to stay or not. And that will also depend on offers. I think as things stand, Fulham would keep him to try and strike back immediately.

Will Arsenal stick with Arteta heā€™s bookies favourite to be next sacking.

My bet is on Roma to sack Mourinho before Arteta is sacked.

2 Likes

If Roma do it before August, then Arsenal might hire him.

Unfortunately for Mikel, he doesnā€™t have rich owners willing to spend endless cash on him the way Ole does at Man U. Eventually, Ole has figured out what to do with all that support. We arenā€™t going to know with Arteta. For me his side has punched below its weight since he arrived. Lately, itā€™s been a bit better, but good enough to save him? Not sure. It doesnā€™t help when he talks cryptic rubbish like:

3 Likes

Itā€™s understandable that Arteta canā€™t just publically disclose theyā€™re wank, itā€™s not hard to figure out really.

6 Likes

But that would also include admitting himself to be shite, and can you ever remember anyone openly admitting they were shite?

4 Likes

Allardyce has stepped down from his position at WBA. I dearly hope that dislikeable, cynical dinosaur wonā€™t be seen in Premier League ever again. That said, I imagine heā€™ll soon be in Crystal Palaceā€™s sights.

15 Likes

Is that from Sunday or before Sunday, is he attempting to claim he wasnā€™t relegated.

As for Palace they have been there but they go there again if they start under whoever they appoint badly.

2 Likes

Heā€™s crying right now on sky and mentioned us beating him and how lucky we were 3 times already. Fuck of ya dinasore.

9 Likes

Like we sent him down, he went down 3 weeks ago

2 Likes

Sammy Lee out of a job again. He must have quite a collection of tracksuits now.

12 Likes