The Space Thread

Why is it called ‘Seven minutes of terror’?

Stupid name, that.

1 Like

Read the thread Hope - it’s because this whole sequence happens blind due to the fact it takes longer for the images to reach Earth than the process itself takes. By the time they see it begin it has already finished and they have no idea how it turned out.

2 Likes

There’s also audio this time which should be epic. Perseverance only had a 2m camera, this one’s 20 although at the transmission rates they have, each pic takes hours to send. I’d imagine Spacex’s first mission to mars will be broadband satellites.

127 million miles away, a little piece of human genius is about to do some utterly mad shit. Go on Perseverance, nail it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen where they built it I think. Most certainly where they built the first Mars Rover.

What’s the ETA? 1 hour to go or sooner? I need to know whether to interrupt dinner as we’re about to sit down for it!

Hook up-to Everyday Astronaut on youtube now. ETL 1 hr 7 mins.

1 Like

Touchdown !!!

1 Like

I put a link in the round the world news thread, sorry :disappointed:!

BBC interviewers asking very stupid questions

She lands!!!

So we’re leaving more junk lying around the place and trashing a place we’ve never even visited.

Bravo, mankind. :clap:

2 Likes

That’s the way to get behind possibly the most precious thing in the universe.

1 Like

To be fair, if Mars doesn’t like it, it will chew it up into tiny little pieces in no time at all. Plus there’s nothing much there to eat any of it either.

The dinosaurs don’t exist because they weren’t a multi-planetary species.

8 Likes

I’m personally waiting for the pathetic Flat Earth Society reaction to this.

1 Like

Scimandan is your lead there :slight_smile:

probably yes but I find him so annoying, like a lot of others that do that stuff. The adverts he has in his vids are also super annoying.

Professor Dave puts them all to shame I’m afraid but I doubt he’ll touch this one.

Bets soon to be taken on the first two fast food companies to set up shop on mars to compete to feed the new human race into obesity and ultimate martian oblivion

3 Likes