The Spursy Thread

That’s why I think Rodgers would suit them and I don’t think he would be the worst choice.

I think if they had been able to replace Kasper and brought in an actual defender they would probably have survived.

Let’s be honest I think we all expected those other two to be down there. Leicester I felt early on maybe have Rodgers syndrome but it could have been solved eithier by removal earlier or some funds they just didn’t and by the time they kicked him it looked concerning.

1 Like

Hippo Head won’t care about the ambitions of Leeds… He is addicted to two things… Fame and the limelight that he craves & Easy money, the type he gets whether he works for it or not…!
IMO… He has just become another blight on our football world - more negatives attached to him than positives - Much like Bodgers I suppose :0)

Spurs fans apparently think that Levy is trying to get out of the pattern of recruiting a high-profile manager on a permanent contract, then firing the manager well before the end of the contract term and paying out a big chunk. Which sounds good, except that he appears to be communicating to potential managers the idea that the club will have a low cost out in the contract. Not surprisingly, the candidates are moving on fairly quickly.

All hearsay and rumour, but it starts to fit the evidence.

3 Likes

Or it could be that managers are seeing the club for what it actually is - A circus and aren’t interested in it

1 Like

There has been rumours of clauses and the like. End of next season is probably too early but hey, maybe the Premier League actually dish out a suitable punishment for all their cheating before he retires from the game.

well we know EUFA won’t do it. Imagine if they pull a treble this year then get found to be liable for the 115 charges, won’t change a thing will it?

You can but live in hope. If nothing comes of it then the PL is done as a product, at least until Pep gives it up.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1665394325520261126?s=20

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1665610046997250049?s=20

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1665637080616009730?s=20

I was today years old when I became aware he’s Australian and not Greek or Romanian…

Was gonna say, Angelina Jolie looks cracking for her age.

I think he is an interesting hire, arrived at this level late in life and doesn’t have the greatest pedigree - sort of like Sarri that way. Seems to have done a sound job at Celtic, but Gerrard did well at Rangers before struggling at Villa. He isn’t a guaranteed success, but I don’t think Spurs is in a position to get one of those.

As with anyone, the key will be whether or not the fans give him the time to struggle, and whether or not Levy turns on him under fan pressure. I am not optimistic on his behalf

1 Like

So, Spurs taking a new change.

A man who is apparently likeable, good man management and coaches a “Spurs’ style of play” (whatever the f*ck that is). The Glenn Hoddle days are way in the past, they first and foremost need a functional and competitive team again.

Let’s see what he can do with this squad, not a lot of creativity there. Plus, if Kane goes.

Seems very likely that he will go. The flurry of Real Madrid rumours look distinctly like the work of an agent.

Front foot attacking football according to Robbie Savage

Kane’s agent is his brother. His one client is Harry Kane. He agreed a 6 year contract at a club who never win anything and failed to engineer a move when City were looking.

Despite all this he still posts images of him looking like one of those twats you see on The Apprentice who claim they invented business and drinks a hot cup of success for breakfast.

I’d be amazed if he could engineer taking himself for a leak, let alone leaking rumours of interest from Madrid in his brother.

4 Likes

Probably got a twitter account offering business advice, crypto “investments”, rewtweets from Gary Vee and @s Elon Musk messages as though they’re mates.

LOL, so presumably not Kane’s agent - unless he has agreed some kind of fee-sharing arrangement with someone with a clue

That’s kind of how I’d imagine Harry would look if he had facial reconstruction work done.