The Spursy Thread

Means they are weak at the back.

So I’m not sure what the change is?

Spurs seem to be a counter attacking team that can’t defend.

BREAKING! Tottenham have agreed terms in principle for Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou to take over as their new head coach.

I hope he’s got a nice pay off clause in case he is fired.

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1665685756180873219?t=AvxCwr-CdZBxBujdtsf2HQ&s=19

never heard of Ange before he took the Celtic job,

But i really liked what i saw of him at Celtic

a really good guy, straight talking and doesnt suffer fools or the press gladly,

and he brought in very good players who played with flair just what the Celtic faithful demand,

i actually hoped to see in the Liverpool dugout, when Jurgen decides to hang up his baseball cap!

hope he is given time at Spurs

3 Likes

There might be a couple of Japanese players signing for Spurs. Seriously, I think he’ll do a decent job at Spurs.

1 Like

Guess we will see, It’s really hard to judge, that Rangers side is poor mind which would concern me.

He’s not beating a good Rangers side.

I now hope Spurs dust Arsenal, United, Chelsea and City.

In the A League Brisbane Roar were miles ahead of anyone else under Ange with such exciting football. When he went to Melbourne Victory and played Liverpool on the magnificent night at the MCG, BR praised him.

Then off to Japan and won the League, the Aussies played well under him and of course the Celtic fans blew up at the appointment. Look what happened and now they blow up when he leaves!! I know it’s a 2 team League but they were good to watch.

So will this be like Arsene? Ange will be able to handle it but how much time is he given to get his style going when immediate results are demanded? I recall Celtic raging in the first couple of games.

I reckon he should address the elephant in the room and fuck off Kane for decent coin.

Good appointment.

3 Likes

Tie me kangaroo down, sport.

Spurs are a better team than they have looked for the majority of this year. I think they ended the previous season under Conte as the best of the rest behind us and City and were on par with that for most of the period up to the world cup. But it’s Conte and so shit got toxic there pretty quickly afterwards and it crumbled into the borderline farce it became.

Last year, the right manager from the start could have kept them on that course and made a decent fist out of their season. This year now, with Kane almost certainly going, Son a year older, and the team that much more jaded, I wonder if it isn’t a year too late.

1 Like

We need a rebuild they need a complete replacement.

I don’t think how good or bad Rangers are is really a big factor here. Celtic possibly still had some very good habits from Rodgers’ side, Ange had to change some things and evolve the side. He’s known as a very attacking coach. It’s more the level he’s been at so far vs where he’s coming now. Plus, any new Spurs manager will obviously need help from above, it will not be all down to the coach. Nagelsmann rejected the job because they don’t have a clue yet who is their new sporting director or what will their structure be beneath Levy, if any.

1 Like

I judge it in the fact there are two teams and so domination over a decent Glasgow opposition lends more credibility.

Some suggestions he will be good but until we see what he does who can really say.

Considering I seem to watch more Scottish football than 90% of the forum I’ll say as I see and usually the best Rangers and Celtic managers seem to dominate a strong patch in Scottish football.

His Celtic side is by far the best side but you can’t really judge it as that Rangers side is poor.

That’s how I see it.

He may surprise but don’t be shocked if he doesn’t pull up roses.

So basically AP is tired and wants to take a break from winning trophies.

I can see why he has taken the job, but Spurs face issues right now that won’t disappear under any manager. It will be interesting to see if he is allowed time to build.

1 Like

1 Like

He wont last the season.
Fake plaudits for what he’s done with with Celtic, with a team my fucking granny could have managed to the treble against the utter garbage opposition they face

He’d call him “obviously” anyway.