The Spursy Thread

He should be finishing ahead of 3 of those at least.

West Ham were down for relegation at one point.

pretty much.

in case you havent noticed the landscape has changed at that club.

they wont be paying Ange the premium they paid Mourinho…they wont be affording any new players of note, and they may lose, or see the downturn in form, of Son and Kane.

yes the goalposts have shifted.

2 Likes

Brentford is probably the new benchmark

When Levy mentions player sales and the “youth system” you know there isn’t much to spend.

Good keeper but that seems a lot.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1668936328103313409?cxt=HHwWgoC-1e-voKkuAAAA

Buying from what is now a direct PL rival, not surprising Spurs face a premium.

A “direct prem rival premium”, I like it. How much do you think Chelsea would need to pay to re-sign Dom Solanke?

Weird times to think of Brentford and Spurs actually being rivals, but they are two London sides that finished 1 point apart. The only reason Brentford have to deal is the fact that Raya is entering the last year of his contract.

First time I noticed Raya was when we played Blackburn in a pre-season friendly at Ewood in 2018. I thought, who’s this guy, so comfortable in possession and pulling some very good saves. Think he was on Arsenal’s list after a while. We’ll see if he can be a success at a higher level. He may seem short for a GK, a bit Michel Vormesque, but in fact he’s only 2cm’s shorther than Lloris (and Reina, par example).

Funny you say that. He came up in conversation as the sort of player who would immediately make Chelsea better. Right now they have players who play as a striker in their formation who dont score, but dont link the play either. At least Dom would do that. He might not score the number of goals of a top striker, but he would allow players like Havertz, Nkunku, Sterling to look better.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1668956325357801473
Hojbjerg is a solid player.

He’d be worth going for. Finally, a Wijnaldum replacement. Oh, hang on that Mac Allister’s job.

But who’s there to do the dirty work when Mac is not playing? The rest are too soft, too young or too old.

No from me. Good player, but don’t see him being the best fit at #8 and IF we’re bringing a #6 this summer (for now I doubt it), we’d need someone different. Still to be seen whether he really leaves Spurs. We can find a better fit, younger and player of a financially cheaper package.

2 Likes

Shame. Someone should tell him…

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1670043532894130176?t=OlU5EFCg4TCU-Qmas3O-MA&s=19

He said try to win, smart lad :sunglasses:

Some players do take the piss sometimes

Maybe he hopes to one day be bought by Real Madrid and win something, following in the footsteps of Modric and Bale?

The ‘win nothing’ got me :rofl:

At this stage of your career, you move to Saudi unless a 3rd option arises that dictates you play at Bayern/Barca/Utd for 4 years on 300/350k a week.

1 Like