The Spursy Thread

Some of these guys ended up almost like Levy’s prisoners. You need a bloody good team with you when you negotiate (new) contracts with Spurs.

:joy:

Just wondering who the 22% are? Spurs fans or folk with a moral compass? :thinking::nerd_face:

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1671164891393310722?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

4 Likes

Well done to the lad. :+1::clap::nerd_face:

Hmm seems name is mentioned bigged up and then says they aren’t going.

Are they just a country version of Man Utd.

1 Like

Honestly, I am shocked he is on as much as 200k a week.

I’m not, that is pretty fair.

I heard he loves living in London and the trappings that go with it… Hard to prise him from where he is happy

Yes, but he plays for Spurs. I wasn’t questioning his value

1 Like

Also probably loves his pork.

Money wouldn’t bother me much either if I was on £800,000 a month.

3 Likes

The way someone says they have short careers like if they had a brain they could easily make a 16 year career around 25k a week work, there is literally no reason why say a Championship defender can’t retire at 40 if they’ve planned well.

This isn’t peanuts is it. I’m about to apply for a 40k a year job and it would lift my comfort level.

1 Like

The world is full of people whose spending is out of whack with their income. Keeping up with the jones’s and lifestyle creep are real problems for many, particularly sportsmen.

2 Likes

True, mine is probably out of whack even and I’m earning not a lot.

1 Like

Spurs shud let him go otherwise be stuck with an unhappy star player for the rest of the season and lose him for free next.
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1673692919687966721?t=G8uWc_g7k_R3wsZA_lvBNQ&s=19

This won’t play out in June. I can’t see Bayern coming to the table with the offer Levy wants, so it might drag on into August.

next step is probably an offer from ManU that is only marginally higher, but puts Spurs in the position of seeing Kane in the PL. After that, everybody sits around waiting to see what happens with Mbappe.

1 Like

Just signed a keeper (from Empoli) so maybe Lloris is on his way out.

1 Like

Shame, I like Lloris at Spurs.

4 Likes

No need to worry.

You can take the man out of Spurs…but you can’t take the Spurs(y) out of Spurs!!!

at least he has full-size arms