The Spursy Thread

I do feel these and Arsenal have some rather red lines in their finances.

Though Kane likely happens as you say.

What have spurs done to spend that amount of money. I dont think I can recall a single singing for them?

1 Like

Finalized deals for Porro and Kulusevski (€40m and €30m) who had previously just been on loan. €20m for the keeper Vicario. £40m for Madison.

2 Likes

Well, that’s a shit return for 170m

I think it’s brilliant. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not disputing it’s a shit return, that could be said for each and every one of their signings (Bentancur aside as there’s a sound player in there and was great value), but what the fuck is going on under that stadium (a stadium that’s come at a huge debt they still need to pay off) to allow them to spend this much money?

Which, if that ends up being the window dressing for a Kane deal, will lead to an intriguing discussion of which was the greater squandering, the Bale money or the Kane money.

You assume it’s for the Kane money but it’s also Spurs we are talking about

@Sweeting, tell me more about this Ashley Phillips guy that Spurs just signed?

I really like him. Physically has all the potential to be a great defender. Nice passer out of the back, quick. He’s an England youth defender, been playing for Blackburn’s first team since he was 17. Little bit surprised he’s left so early but Blackburn are fucked financially so that’s probably why.

Heres the screenshots from my upcoming website where I mentioned him. He was on my ones to watch list in 2022.

(Edit: having said all this I think he isn’t guaranteed to be a top prospect. Some Blackburn fans compare him to Rio Ferdinand but we’ve seen that comp slip into Anton Ferdinand before. The likes of Ronnie Edwards and Charlie Cresswell are better players right now, so is our own Jarrell Quansah). I wish Phillips would have stayed at Blackburn.

3 Likes

I was reading something saying that even with the issues Spurs have at the back he still isnt expected to be a front line option for them. So he’s trading in first team championship football for training with better players and likely very few meaningful games. That is not a move that tends to do well for young defenders.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not a fan of the move. They killed Joe Rodon’s career and he was flying at Swansea. I worry for Phillips now.

The only saving grace for this in my opinion is that the Spurs U21 team is really shit, so he will be one of the biggest prospects alongside the attacking midfielder Alfie Devine - so they should turn to him fairly often for cup games etc.

2 Likes

Reports of a €50m fee for Micky van der Veen.

It feels like they’ve done this deal for at least a month. And some think we’ve been slow.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1688548890478321664?s=20

Just dont get what Spurs are doing here? He leaves in Jan mentally when he can sign a pre-agreement with Bayern or go to the clubs Spurs wont sell him to over here at end of the season…either way Spurs losing out on £100m for a player that will be 31 and gone for nothing in 10 months is madness.

How is the offer structured? Presumably Levy is angling for a bigger up front payment or believes he can get Kane to sign a new contract.

Kanes already said he wont be signing a new deal at end of the season no matter how much they offer him.

No idea how the £100m was structured - think it was something like £80m up top then rest to follow.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to be Spurs when they try and mess another club around.

£86m.

What’s £14 million between friends?