The Spursy Thread

It is just one more manifestation of the Levy problem - being a ‘tough’ negotiator who is really just difficult to get a deal done with is no substitute for a strategy, and doesn’t help at all when Spurs need the deal more than the counterparty.

Levy is presumably counting on Bayern becoming desperate close to the transfer window, which ignores two elements:

i) there aren’t that many players in the Kane range, but Bayern can probably move down a couple of notches and still be an elite team. They could decide in a week to bring in a lesser striker at a fraction of the cost, and Spurs will probably have no one to deal with.

ii) even if Bayern does decide with a week or so to go to meet Levy’s demands, Spurs will then inherit the same desperation that Bayern faced as they go into the market to replace Kane.

1 Like

Maybe the last thing Levy’s boss wants right now… Is £85m landing in an account that might be getting frozen because of his insider trading :0)

Probably not, the effect on Spurs won’t be that direct. But presumably there won’t be a lot of extra cash flowing into Spurs in this transfer window.

Kane far more interested in breaking Shearers record than winning actual trophies as part of a successful team.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1689568683515920384?s=20

Huge this if it goes through.

Leaning towards staying - he is desperate to play the good guy.

Levy’s resilience has finally been broken!!!

But as Euph said, watch the player pull the plug and end up staying.

1 Like

€100m for a 30 year old with 1 year on his contract … :see_no_evil:

It’s actually pretty decent by them all things considered if they hadn’t bought average

Gonna pale in comparison when we get double that next summer for a 32 year old with 1 year on his contract :wink:

I think you have to credit Bayern, their fans were probably desperate for a top striker to join last summer in Lewa’s absense (Sadio was never gonna be that), they’ve gone out and are now closer to signing striker who is still at the top of his game and there aren’t many better around.

Bayern are going to be a serious force next season, their intentions are clear…they wanna be back to winning CL’s.

1 Like

Still think he ends up at United now they know the price it costs to get Spurs to accept.

His missus is about to drop their 4th kid - they really dont want to be leaving the country now.

This could be one of the great sells. Up there with Cou.

Aaaaand he’s off…

That’s my FPL back to square one, the prick.

Should be fun watching Spurs piss another £100mil. up the wall, though.

Fair play and good luck to him.

Gonna be a bit weird watching a Kaneless Spurs play.

I never seem to pick him on my FPL.

So Alan Shearer’s record will remain intact for the foreseable future.
Looks like trophies are more important afterall.

Well Alan seems to think so…

https://twitter.com/alanshearer/status/1689913501815357440?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1689913501815357440|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

That’s Spurs finishing bottom half then.

The will be fine, they have…

Premier League Football GIF by Prime Video