The Spursy Thread

They might have someone surprising as replacement

1 Like

“Madonna?” camera zooms :rofl: :rofl:

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1690278078109376516

I know its still early days,

but Spurs fans seem to be warming to Big Ange

1 Like

Credible display, and he seems to be heading them in the right direction. Big scalp to claim for the fans, so it may give him some runway. My basic take all along has been that he would be solid for them if he was given time, but the fundamental narcissism that infects that club would work against that. There will be some stumbles in the months to come, to be sure, so we will see if they can work against their own instincts.

That said, fuck the Mancs, well in.

1 Like

That’s a hoot. Thank you.

Anyway, that scalp was only the Manx. Even Wolves almost beat them.

1 Like

FIFY

1 Like

And the fact Wolves can’t score goals. They should’ve been 3 or 4 up before the penalty incident. They had more shots on goal by a visiting team, since Chelsea in 2005.

1 Like

Might be unpopular, but I think it was the right time to smell the coffee and sell Kane.

He was never going to sign a new deal (after his big mistake in 2019). They dropped a few levels. They have a new manager in that will try and build an attacking way of playing. After a few “winners” managers that wanted to take them one step further. Well, they dropped back a few steps, now it’s time to get back to being competitive.

Perhaps the ideal time to accept reality, take as much money as they could and move on.

The only hope was that they miraculously have an outstanding season out of nowhere and Kane decides to give them more trust going forward, but… nah.

2 Likes

Bissouma shining after being freed from Conte’s shackles. Fantastic midfielder.

Still think this lot look short of quality up top though.

3 Likes

Son has gone off the bail a fair bit the past season. I doubt you’ll find too many goals from him.

For as good a game as Madison had he definitely missed the opportunity to release Son several times. With more time to gel and understand each other I’d bet on that being a very good partnership

1 Like

Top of the table.
Won the league in August. :grin:

So Spursy, losing to Fulham on penalties. :rofl:

1 Like

It really is a kind of different target to avoid silverware at all costs.

Bottleham Hotspursy

Ange ball jajaja get in the bin, matey.

So the previous and current Celtic managers are out of their respective League Cups within the space of a week.
Football, the sport that keeps giving. :joy:

1 Like

I would’ve thought the Carabou Cup was a competition Spurs would target, especially as they don’t have European football this season and haven’t won anything for a while.

1 Like

You mean for a long time, like many many years.

edit to add: unless one counts the Audi Cup which is relatively recent. :rofl:

Said the same last night when watching it - they can ony win 2 cups this year, made 9 changes and now they can only win one.

2 Likes

I suspect that internally, Spurs don’t give a damn about winning anything this season. Their league placing is critical and they are off to a solid start.

1 Like