The Spursy Thread

They made some changes but it was not a weak side they put out. For a manager still getting grips to his players the changes, to see some of the players in real action who haven’t got much time yet, would have been valuable for him.

1 Like

Peter Crouch reveals everything about ‘weird’ Tottenham hero Benoit Assou-Ekotto

"He [Assou-Ekotto] would tell us straight out that he had no interest in football whatsoever. He genuinely didn’t like it.

"At 1.30pm on a Saturday he’d have no idea which team you were playing. ‘But Benoit, we’ve been talking about them in training all week…’

"He would turn up with a Tesco’s bag containing the same four items every time: a croissant, a hot chocolate, a full-fat Coke and a packet of crisps.

"The croissant I understood. He is French-Cameroonian. The hot chocolate: same cultural backstory. He used to dip the first into the second.

"But the crisps, and the Coke — it was like two discrete lunches, one belonging to a middle-aged Parisian and the other a 12-year-old on the Seven Sisters Road. And it worked. He was always in great shape and rarely injured.

"We accepted it, along with all the other weirdness: the random cars he would turn up to training in, sometimes a Smart car, then a Lamborghini; the way he would refuse to take ice baths for recovery, on the rather basic premise that they were ‘too cold’.

“Benoit was a really weird guy but we loved him a lot.”

5 Likes

Tottenham have confirmed that Ivan Perišić is expected to miss the remainder of the season after suffering an ACL injury in his right knee

Is it wrong to like a Tottenham manager? I’ve known he was a Liverpool fan for quite a while but everything he says and does seems so respectful and there’s certain charisma about him, not to mention competence at his job.

5 Likes

Nope, even like some of their players (not many but 2 or 3)…if they’re just going about their business professionally, responsibly and respectfully then I see no reason why this shouldn’t apply anywhere, Rashford is a player I’ve always liked for example & KDB is a player hard to dislike…never bought into the idea you need to hate EVERYTHING about a club just because they’re a rival, if Spurs are even a rival.

3 Likes

Agree except for KDB. Easy to dislike him.

It is now that he’s turned into just another cheat.

Well they say a dog looks like its owner… Richarlison just got a new pooch :0)

A Canadian Borzoi - 12" Snout…!

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1713022183084028303

He’s going to give battle! So long as the job isn’t hard, like.

Frautonio?

Antonio 'Con’te

Fixed.

Can’t-ey

I love that, it’s going be hard because I’m going coach a team that’s winning trophies.

Ha Ha Ha

https://twitter.com/SamueILFC/status/1721668884535664789?t=7vwOoGnot5F40d5L6ZdO-g&s=19

9 Likes

I think these are out of context. I don’t think he personally (as opposed to their fans) has really complained too much about the decisions that went against them yesterday and think that complaint is more about VAR intervention resulting in the game being 120 minutes long.

I think he was a bit disingenuous in his comments after our game and should have taken the 3 points with a bit more grace and understanding of how much the deck had been stacked for him, but he seems to have been fairly consistent on not liking VAR and preferring more responsibility stays with the on pitch ref and just accepting the limitations of that (which notably would have ruled out Diaz’s goal)

Yeah it’s the Lego man who is the real hypocritical whinger

1 Like

Richarlison also out injured.

Forgot he existed :joy:

Forgot or refuse to admit?