The Spursy Thread

Do they plan to bring Sherwood back :thinking:

1 Like

Well at least the Tottenham fans get to win something. They should create a trophy for it.

2 Likes

Official now…

Wonder if we can pinch Son from them while everyone else is arguing over ‘Arry? :thinking:

8 Likes

I hope this doesn’t negatively affect Liverpool’s pursuit of top four this season. After all, they are playing against Leicester and are prone to final day collapses, especially now that they don’t have a manager. That is, if Liverpool uphold their end of the bargain.

1 Like

Surely they will want to give Harry the send off, luckily there won’t be any fans from a Spurs perspective.

1 Like

As long as we win both of our games, it is in our hands as Chelsea vs Leicester City tonight means 1 or both will drop points, so we will catch at least one of them.

1 Like

He struck as more of a Man United- than Man City-type of signing but it’s obvious why they’d both be interested in him. I’m curious to see who Tottenham have lined up as a possible replacement as they haven’t had any real luck with finding a viable back-up for him.

2 Likes

I can see Chelsea being very interested, they lack a top-quality line-leader and can probably offset some of his cost by offloading Abraham for circa £40m. I think he’d potentially work well with Werner and Havertz in a front 3, and with Kante, Mount and one of Jorginho and Kovacic in midfield and a mostly competent defence, suddenly they’d look like title challengers on paper at least.

2 Likes

I’d take Tammy for 30-35M.

Or throw in Origi and I’d push it up to their 40M asking price :wink:

2 Likes

Their transfer strategy seems to have shifted towards younger players, that’s why I think they won’t be hell bent on signing Kane (Haaland seems to be their primary target, even though they don’t exactly lack expensive forwards). They certainly don’t lack the funds to sign him, though, and they have become quite adept at selling players for profit.

Although six City players have 13 or more goals in PL this season, neither of them can be viewed as authentic goal-getter. Cavani is too old, Greenwood is too young, and Rashford isn’t a striker.

So I would expect these two to be the strongest contenders for his signature.

2 Likes

I think the reality is that for as much as we dunk on him for being unlikable, he would instantly improve all 3 of the teams who have a pretense of challenging for the title next season and will make it harder for us to win it. It also has the added pisser of making Spurs less likely to take points off top teams giving us less margin for error over a season.

10 Likes

Another interesting aspect of this is how anyone pulls this off in a post-pandemic summer the year that Haaland is going to be available. You can see anyone interested in Kane would be more interested in Haaland and so you could see a situation in which the longer Dortmund hold out the harder it is for Kane to get his move as everyone is still courting the Norwegian.

2 Likes

Except Haaland is going to Spain. Can’t really see Kane learning Spanish. He’s more likely to end up in Manchester

1 Like

Whilst this is sort of true, 2 of those teams need more strengthening at the back and midfield rather than up front, so if he went to either Utd or Chelsea I wouldn’t see that as such an issue.

The thing with Haarland is his release clause doesn’t kick in till next summer, so clubs wanting to sign him are better to wait 12 months and get him then.

1 Like

With Dortmund reaching the CL Haaland is staying there for another year. 100%

It’s not about where he ultimately goes, or even if he does go this summer. Its about the fact that anyone willing to spend 150 million on a striker this summer will be looking at him first and that takes focus away from a Kane deal, making it ultimately a harder to pull off. I cannot see anyone turning to that until they know they are out of the Haaland deal and with as savvy as his team has been I cannot see them giving anyone that sort of early indication.

2 Likes

I don’t think Dortmund is going to sell Haaland this summer. They will sell Sancho during this summer and keep Haaland for the next one.

1 Like

He struggles with English. :rofl:

4 Likes