The Spursy Thread

tottenham shitspur

Kane to Citeh for £160m

Be interesting if city pay that.

It’s a lot of money, especially for somebody who usually has one 6-8 week injury in him each season

1 Like

There is talk of Silva going the other way so that might be the way it happens, players plus cash.

£160m for Kane - that’s just ridiculous. He’s good, but he’s not that good.

Will be interesting to see how Comolli 2.0 spends that money at Spurs.

What’s the source for that? Guardiola has reiterated how they wouldn’t sign a striker because they don’t have the money, crisis had hit them, too. Boo-hoo, cry me a river, Pep.

5 Likes

Saw it on Daily Mail but stopped reading what it said ‘…but according to The S*n…’

1 Like

I can’t see any of the quoted players wanting to swap Man City for Spurs.

Kane is worth 150m. He is scoring 20-30 goals a season when missing something like 8 games.

When is say is worth I mean in this crazy football universe.

Of course in reality it’s an obscene amount of money but…… football.

I’d rather Kane than Neymar and Neymar was what? 250m?

I guess Spurs fans have something to be happy about. Son has signed a new 4-year deal.

3 Likes

Son clearly lacks ambition.

Not going to win anything there.

4 Likes

Or now that the goal mouth won’t be flooded every week, Son can lead Spurs to being one of the top teams in PL/Europe

2 Likes

This reeks of “something positive before something negative”

3 Likes

Selling Kane for 160m might be one of those good moves in the long term, depends how they spend it (or if they do), was a period under Ponchettino that whenever he was injured they played better.

I think it culminated in the Champions League final, he was never fitter than 20 minutes off the bench that day.

Though I think the constant rushing back and early come backs from injuries both under Ponchettino (His worst trait as manager) and Mourinho will lead to bigger issues down the line, and he is off to one of the worst managers at that.

7 Likes

If i was spurs I’d take the money. He is good but if they invest that wisely on a maximum of 3 players that’s better than Kane who is very very injury prone

Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue, Chirces, Lamella say hello

2 Likes

This is the difficulty for Spurs. Lots of examples of teams going from strength to strength by selling their best players, but for Spurs it carries so much risk because their record of signings on that part of the pitch isn’t great. I would think they would need to plan to rely heavily on Son while they beef up other areas of the team.

Son is utter shit without Kane.

If the source of a story is the s*n it has no business here.

3 Likes

Yep, the grass is just too dry for Son to get those long dribbling runs going when Kane’s not on.

2 Likes

Yet has carried them through repeated spells of 'Arry’s absence.

7 Likes