The Spursy Thread

If I was Spurs it would be cash plus Sterling or pure cash, not sure that Sterling would move to them, no chance of adding a CL medal there.

1 Like

Take the money, pay-off the loan. It will be the most prudent and far-reaching decision.

1 Like

The problem with that is the loan blew out to £1Billion so using the Kane money to pay off the loan would be like pissing in the Grand Canyon to turn it into a dam

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I was talking about the loan, around £100 mil, they took to cover the revenue loss during COVID.

Sorry, when you mentioned loan, I assumed you ment the loan for the new stadium :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that stadium is going to take them a long way…down.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fixed it for ya AL :0)

Had he? Thought they dropped from first to 7th?

Son for me is quality.

Can imagine him flourishing under Klopp.

Won’t happen now though

2 Likes

A Nuno type player, works hard and excels at counter attack.

I don’t think it’d be the worst thing if they sold him if that’s what they can get for him.

He looked a shell at the Euros. A couple tap in headers and a rebound from a shocking penalty masked what were some horrifically bad performances.

Playing through injury and fatigue is going to catch up with him and those glass ankles are one bad tackle from serious injury.

Take the money now and give the new DoF and manager a clean start and the funds to shape the team. If he stays, this will only hang over them for another year as they aren’t winning anything so he’ll push again next summer.

3 Likes

Why are spurs selling Alderwereld (spelling)

To some club in Qatar as well.

Crazy - the most spursy thing ever

1 Like

He’s old and slow. They’re getting £13m for him. He’s probably still peeved at them for denying him move a couple of years ago when he could have got a nice contract elsewhere

2 Likes

He is 32 which isn’t old (anymore) and has easily been in the top 5 defenders in the last 5 years.

Going to the Middle East is an end of career move. 35 plus.

He still gets into the majority of PL sides and the majority of Champions League sides at the moment

1 Like

Well, he has been a top 5 player but has gone down hill over the last couple of them. I think he has struggled with injury and lost pace. He missed a number of games for Spurs last season where he was frequently on the bench.

32 isnt necessarily old for a CB but that depends on whether you are fit and still have your pace. It also depends on the age of the players around you - Alderweirald is also 32, the two main keepers are 34 and a whole chunk of their team are already in their late 20’s.

If they are needing money for a rebuild, he is logically one of the players to let go.

1 Like

I see your point but think that will be a big mistake.

Having said that they’ll have 160m in the coffers before to long so they’ll probably try and replace him as well as replacing Arry

maybe his heart isnt in it for a new fight at a big club.

i cast no dispersions in saying that, but at 32, being a millionaire and set for life…maybe hes just ready for the next phase instead of dragging it out for another 3 years plus before then signing for the bumper paycheck free ride leagues…

i get it, as much as we admire the milners and ronaldos of this world, there still humans

2 Likes

Why would he agree to being sold? Answer: for that big pile of oil money!

1 Like

Tottenham target £50m Martial as Man Utd want to sell (Daily Star)

:rofl:

You lot would do well to invest half that amount for Origi instead.

in an LFC shirt at the moment… would you rather
Martial or Origi…?

In a Spursy shirt… would you rather
Martial or Origi…?

Only asking :0)