The Spursy Thread

The other French lad :wink:

Definitely the French one :stuck_out_tongue:

VVD , Matip , Kompany , Laporte , Stones , Dias , Gomez (This from the top 2 clubs alone)

Maybe you can make a case for him being the best of the rest but then it’s not easily been in the top 5 defenders in the last 5 years. He’d still have Soyuncu, Gabriel , Vertonghen , Azpiliqueta , Rudiger there.

And i’m not even including Slabhead , Coady , Tarkowski , Mee

Cause Most of the defenders I’ve quoted before are better than Slabhead (Including Alderweild)

Like him as a defender and he would have done a good job for us 5 years ago , but stating that he would easily make the top 5 defenders in the last 5 years is bollocks

Yeah, I think the issue is failing to reevaluate over time. At the time he arrived at Spurs there was a great argument that he was among the best 2-3 CBs in the league and his partnership with his Belgian buddy was also at the top. But that was 6 years ago. He’s got older, his buddy has left and he’s struggled with fitness. He is no longer one of the best CBs in the league anymore than Rooney is one of the best forwards.

anymore than Rooney is one of the best forwards.
[/quote]

Yeah you right there LS…
Rooney definitely not scoring anymore… :zzz:
:rofl:

1 Like

comedy central wtf GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

1 Like

Might be a reference to Rooney recently getting caught on camera taking a women (who he isn’t married to) to his hotel room?

1 Like

Rooney was pictured with three young women in a nightclub and hotel on Saturday evening.

The Derby boss appears to be asleep, fully clothed, in one image as semi-naked women pose next to him.

Courtesy of the Daily Star today…

Alderweireld is past his best. Still capable of playing at a top level today and tomorrow, but as an investement over the next couple of years… that’s different. There was always something fishy about him I feel. I don’t think he’s a fraud, but he was available for £25m (clause) for a while a few years ago and nobody came in for him. Always wondered if the people in charge found him a little bit overrated by fans and media.

3 Likes

Think DYCHEY needs to sack the make-up lady here…
Not sure a bright red face and ginger goatee actually go together.!
:0)

Isn’t that his normal look?

It may be a case of him needing to employ one :rofl:

1 Like

Arry called in sick.

Fucking hate footballers at times

Probably slipped on his own spit and put his back out. Funny how back injuries occur roughly when players are also not happy at their current clubs.

Think Spurs are just making things worse for them. They will sell him, eventually. Should have sold him early and used the window to rebuild the squad.

1 Like

From my point of view now I think you have to sell.

I’d also be adding 15-20 million into the fee.

Somebody either stumps up or Arry carries on being a complete thunder cunt.either way the club wins and the player loses

1 Like

Are you suggesting that he will stop being a thunder cunt at some point?

2 Likes

We don’t actually know whether a bid was made earlier and what it consisted of do we?

1 Like

They wont be waiting until they’ve sold him to start figuring out how to respond. The point at which they actually sell him is not actually related to them doing what is necessary to be prepared to compete without him.

1 Like

How to lose friends and alienate people by Harry Kane.

What does he do if City don’t match Levy’s asking price? He’s going to look even more of a cock than that time he swore on his daughter’s life that he definitely definitely touched the ball.

5 Likes