The Spursy Thread

He is shit

1 Like

It’s an odd one, they will now (if they want to remain in it) have to go all out second leg

He played an entirely second string team with kids on the bench, made even weaker with kane’s continued absence (e.g. Bergwijn might have played in Kane had played on the weekend). They wont want to go out, but the result itself isnt an indicator of very much.

1 Like

Just saying they now have to turn up, didn’t say anything about it telling us anything, bar the fact that Nunes might want out early.

Saying all that it’s a tournament they could easily win if they bothered.

1 Like

European Conference?

No one wants to lose a game, but deep down I bet a lot of people at Spurs don’t want to be in it.

A pointless comp.

Spurs are trying to regroup and threaten the top four of the Prem. They don’t need to be flying around Europe to play the Dog and Duck.

Still, since it’s Spurs I don’t care.

UEFA scam. More games. More money.

Pointless for Spurs.

I actually like it though, gives smaller countries an actual chance of having extended European runs instead of simply losing in the playoff rounds for the CL/EL. Might help those countries bring in a little bit more money as well and eventually be more competitive. I guess we will see how it works out but this, I think, might actually be a situation where UEFA have accidently stumbled into a good answer.

8 Likes

Fair enough. I suppose it’s a matter of where you are coming from. Smaller team trying to get a foothold, fair enough. Good luck.

Bigger team? Dropping down after a bad season. Might seem like a pain in the neck to fulfil the fixtures, but I suppose once you get in sight of the trophy maybe you stir yourself at that point?

I have a feeling it will be Vlahovic. He has the big personality to embrace such a mantle of ‘replacing Kane’.

To fair they probably should be getting through with that squad.

Some oddly decent teams in it to be honest.

So Harry Kane says he is staying at spurs. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

‘I swear on my daughters life I never wanted to leave’

6 Likes

Good for us!

Will help Spurs in my view (or will it) probably lose first game back.

Serves him right - shouldn’t use his family to negotiate his contracts, especially with Levy.

And now time for the Spurs fans to pretend he’s staying because he’s one of their own and loves the club and hasn’t really been trying his best to get out for the last two summers.

1 Like

A song common across clubs this season - Lukaku, Sancho, Kane everyone’s one of their own. The only club confused for whom to sing this one is Arsenal.

Good news for Spurs that, and bad news for Cheaty. He’d have added an important dimension and threat to their game, so I’m glad he stays away from them. :+1:t2:

Edit: also glad for Nuno, he deserves to work with him for a year at least.

When he came on at the weekend and looked around at the Spurs fans, who sang he’s one of our own, Harry muttered under his breath,

“Nice to see you, to see you nice!”

At that point it was nailed on that he would stay. For now at least.

1 Like

Hate to see how Kane will be lauded now for being this loyal player.

If shitty stumped up the cash he’d be off.

“ One of our own”

I hate that chant - so glad we are at a club that would never use such a shit generic chant

2 Likes

That “one of our own” chant is one of the most depressing in football.

2 Likes