The Spursy Thread

~ Harry, the contract is sorted!

~ That’s brilliant. I knew I wouldn’t regret letting my brother look after my career. What did we get?

~ Six years! Can you believe it!

~ What? Hope you got a release clause in there.

~ Don’t need one - that nice Mr Levy gave me a Gentleman’s agreement you can leave when you want to.

~ For fucks sake…

1 Like
2 Likes

I believe the Kane statement is Levy telling him, ok we will let you go if Man City offers 150mil. And Man City is trying to call bluff by not offering more. So Kane, you owe it to us, release a statement that you are not seeking to leave so that we can tell City, its either you stump up the money or Kane will stay. Don’t count on him to publicly says he wants to leave or request a transfer publicly now so that you can press the price down.

Next summer

Ronaldo available on a free
Mbappe available on a free
Haaland available for 65m
Kane for 150m

He is bottom of that list for me

You could bring Brazilian Ronaldo out of ritirement and he would be above Kane.

I think it’s going to be closer to 100. I read the other day they are getting him to sign a new contract that will increase his salary now but also increase the cost of his release clause

1 Like

Maybe…. But at the moment it’s 60-70 so who knows.

Even at 100m he would be a steal.

We should be all over it

€75m but it can rise up to €100m depending on what he or Dortmund achieve this season.

Was reported last week.

The problem with Haaland is not his transfer fee or wages but the fact his old man is always trying to extract kickbacks for himself and Riola being his agent (someone I think the club would have nothing to do with for very for very obvious reasons)

3 Likes

Agree - shame because the kid is a fucking monster

1 Like

Have to question the logic behind the player signing such a contract. He’s sought after and the difference between 65m and 100m will more than offset any increase in wages which he could command as a signing on fee.

It’s football and money - it stopped being logical years ago

2 Likes

With the availability of some top players next summer, that’s why I’m sad Kane didn’t sign for Man City now. It is possible they get better next summer. Depressing thought!

1 Like

I think @GermanRed mentioned that this is his current contract, not a new one, the current contract has that range, so if he and club have shit year, then it’s one price, if both do well, another price, etc. So besides the father, agent, huge wages, huge transfer free (but below market value), the thing that will get most clubs like us, will be the demand that the fee be paid in one instalment. We won’t sign him, and we won’t even be serious contenders, no matter what the click baiters want everyone to believe.

1 Like

Because its the right thing to do by Dortmund.

1 Like

Well that’s one point of view.

That’s his existing contract, I’m talking about a renegotiation they are allegedly in the midst of that has allegedly been agreed to in principle by his dad.

1 Like

I think he is a great player but I think his dad being involved as well as his cunt of an agent makes me wanna give him
The swerve

6 Likes

I think the scary thing for me is how much room for improvement he still has in his game. For his size, and nationality (an assumption that Norwegians are goo in the air), he’s actually pretty weak with his head. It looks like something he just hasnt worked on because he clearly has to physical tools to be a real threat from crosses. It’s scary to think how difficult he would be to defend if he can add even 50% of his natural capability in that part of his game.

1 Like

The Burnley’s of this world will soon hack him down to their level