The Spursy Thread

Kane must be kicking himself for not hauling ass from London at a younger age. Now he’ll be the star of European Conference League and score a hat trick in the final in Albania.

1 Like

Ummm…wtf?

Tottenham have opened talks over a possible £40m move for Juventus and United States midfielder Western McKennie, 22. (Independent)

The BBC really are a cowboy outfit these days.

3 Likes

They’re only reporting what other news outlets have reported.

It’s the gossip column it’s like right 1 time out of 20 :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

They misspelt his name. It’s Weston.

Western. Cowboy. Geddit?

3 Likes

Ahhhhhh I see. Fuck I’ll have to up my game here

They can sign him if they want. If they sign Geddit though we’re all fucked

1 Like

Paratici is building a very nice team for Tottenham.

1 Like

It would be a bit worrying if they start recruiting young, talented players.

Whilst Levy will poo poo over all the best laid plans along the way. The odd youth player won’t change much - the spursy way

Possibly not, but it really is the only way for Spurs to jump the hurdles they now face. They’re not going to land established players good enough to earn CL qualification from this far outside without paying more than they are willing to pay. Really the only way is to bring in the right group of young players looking to establish themselves and hoping they all come together. As much as I like Moriba for us, I don’t know that he’s ready to be that guy for Spurs yet.

1 Like

Yep - especially as they have massive debts due to the new stadium. Maybe they should just have let Kane go and invested in 2-3 decent players. Think there’s a balance to be struck - if they invest in the best youth around the world, but the first team squad is shit, then the youth will simply move on.

I don’t know the kid from Barca, but I always get the feeling that every time a player is signed from La Mesia, everyone assumes he’s the real deal. Is he any better say that Bobby Clark or Kaide Gordon?

2 Likes

Certainly with the success that Pep had with their home grown players there developed an unreasonable expectation of the kids coming out of the barca academy, but after 10 years of not really producing any player of note, I think a lot of that has died down. I think these days their kids are being judged more rationally and fairly, and often in the context of the assumption that barca dont produce good kids anymore. It’s in that context that this current crop are being considered possibly their strongest ever group, something that has already been partially validated by the first team success of Fati and Pedri. Much like Phil Neville, there will be players who get a better platform by association than their talent deserves, and that MAY be what is happening to this kid now, but there were many people 12 months ago who thought this lad was the best prospect of the group.

4 Likes

They could be one of those that make a play for top 4 if one of those four from last year stutter.

I think they will be like Nunes Wolves team of the first few seasons. It depends whether they can win the other 30 or so games.

Bugger. Spurs may no longer be doing Spursy things… :frowning:

And then loan him straight back to Metz. This could still go Spursy in a number of ways.

1 Like

What message does it send to the rest of the team? “You can feck off, you’re not one of ours”? :thinking::nerd_face:

Just realised after all the summer bollocks, this lot are probably going to go clear at the top tomorrow :pensive:

“Clear” …2 points. Rather it be them than Chelsea or Man City.

2 Likes

BuT AfCoNzZZZZzz

1 Like