The Spursy Thread

I thought that Spurs missed a chance to build a really good team by keeping Kane. For too long, they built a team around Kane rather than building players around a team. Selling Kane would have given them the resources and resolve to build a team.

4 Likes

Yeh, could have been their Coutinho moment. Sell Kane, get Vlahovic and Martinez.

On the other hand, massive coup to keep him. Spurs have lots of offensive firepower now to go with what seems a defensive solidness under Nuno. Three wins, three clean sheets to start the season. They are at least dark horses with Kane in the fold.

2 Likes

It makes me wonder if Spurs are starting to go shopping a bit to spend the Kane money before he leaves in January?

Anyway, I like Nuno as a manager. He might well lift Spurs to the top four conversation.

1 Like

Possibly a stay this season and go next, I think they will be up there of all the teams but I don’t think they will break top four unless something crazy happens again.*

*can it be to one of the other three this time thank you.

1 Like

I think the top 4 this year is strong and it’s going to be really really difficult for anyone to break in. Spurs will have done very do well this year to beat Leicester to 5th.

2 Likes

I think they will, as I said something crazy to happen, that Leicester team looks a bit shaky so far.

2 Likes

And Man Utd don’t look much better. They were wank yesterday but somehow escaped with the three points.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t write off Spurs for top four. They’ve got some good players, already started the season well and you just never know. Feel they’re the best of the rest from the clubs not in the top four last season.

2 Likes

Everton will get in the top 4…

Spurs, Leicester and Everton all have a lot going for them. Gonna be a hell of a fight for those Europa spots!

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

To be fair I think they have started well, Spurs have beaten Man City that to me sets a standard.

Barely beating teams you should beat doesn’t.

Though a goal difference of 3-0 isn’t sustainable, didn’t we do that one season.

I’d worry about that in the long run.

1 Like

Everton I also think have started well, the point away at Leeds was impressive, I suppose we will see what happens from now on, I don’t really rate the other two teams they beat and we thrashed Norwich away in gear 2.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how Leicester do this season. They’ve started quite poorly and I can’t remember how they usually fare at the beginning of the season usually. Given their ability to stall during the second half of the season that could be a problem for them, particularly with european football this season.

Aye. I think there are two narratives with Spurs now that are in opposition and equally valid. You have to credit the City win, but at the same time they have been poor in their other two games despite the wins, and you have to think there is a regression to the mean with their results soon. Over the course of the season I think the poor performances against middling sides is more a model of what we’ll see from them, and that will see too many dropped points to sustain a real top 4 challenge IMO

3 Likes

Also I’m not sure how Man City lie, they’ve already come up short and yes they have smashed the other two, but I feel we would have beat Arsenal with two of our three missing.

Fact is that Norwich team could as easily been bottom if we were a bit more on it.

It’s what happens when you attempt to read the league table after three games, though pundits do.

1 Like

Good start for Emerson at Spurs, going public bitching about angry at barca for forcing him to move to Spurs against his will :rofl:

2 Likes

That will endear him to the fans

Whilst it’s funny, I also see why he’s angry - Barca effectively exercised their clause to secure him for Betis this summer, to instantly punt him on for a healthy profit. Football’s a business at the end of the day, but you have to feel sorry for players that get moved around like this.