The Spursy Thread

But wasn’t that out of desperation?, I thought they were looking to use him themselves this season but then had to let him go because they needed the money.

That makes it worst doesn’t it? He was told he would feature then was forced out is probably worse than being told you’re being sold on. False promises/hope etc.

Yeah, it happens a lot, but it’s usually dealt with fairly straight up with the player knowing why he’s being brought back. What made this feel so unfair was that Barca seemingly exercised the clause on his contract so they could use him, and then did during the first 3 games of the season. It’s the bait and switch element of it that seems so underhanded.

So yeah, he’s right to feel aggrieved, but what is amusing the complete lack of consideration for the Spurs fans. He could have expressed his frustration while still giving the standard, “but Im excited to be at spurs and be challenging to win things”. Instead he went with I really don’t want to be here. Im just waiting for his first fuck up now

4 Likes

Fuck Barca - the player didn’t have to agree to join spurs.

When barca bought him
For 9million and sold him on, he was under no obligation to move to spurs and could have turned that move down.

Fucking Barca over in the process

4 Likes

And his own footballing chances though. He might have been sent to train with Barva B etc. Spurs have to be better than that!

Are they though?

1 Like

He might have been happy with that as it would potentially open up the possibility of terminating his contract for sporting just cause.

I look at it as he’s joining a PL club that’s underperforming, but has a decent manager that’s only just through the door. If he gets game time and does well, even if Spurs overall remain in the 5-10th bracket of the PL, he will have solid experience under his belt and might get snapped up for a stronger club.

I guess it’s down to the lads mentality and what’s actually gone down at Barca, before he’s had to take the move. We will never know the true reality of the situation.

Why? Isn’t the reality pretty transparent and extensively documented over the past 6 months or so? Barca are financially fucked, at least in the immediate short term, and have had to take drastic action to even get a side out on the pitch for this season. That has caused them to fuck their squad and use cheap band aids to try to repair it. When you look at the situation with Messi, Grizemann, Pjanic, or even the moves taken by Pique, raising this sort of money for a RB, someone pretty easily replaceable, is pretty easy to understand.

In retrospect, you wonder why Spurs were the only club savy enough to test Barca’s mettle on a player they otherwise wanted to keep. You wonder whether Utd have missed a trick by not testing their resolve to keep De Jong, a player I;d argue would do more to address their faults and improve them than any of the players they brought in this summer.

1 Like

So, Spurs will be taking disciplinary action against Romero and Lo Celso for travelling to play for Argentina against the club’s directive. Thankfully none of our players did something similar.

2 Likes
1 Like

I kind of feel for the players here

Season 1 GIF by The Simpsons

They were damned if they do, and damned if they dont

I would be pissed if I was the player, given multiple FAs from South America have complained to FIFA and FIFA seems to be agreeing.

Not that I would have done the same. But can understand why a player would.

3 Likes

Thats it to be honest, Argentina is also on the red zone, FIFA bullied the players to go and seem to be continuing that.

Unless they know something that’s not being said.

1 Like

Lucky Lucky Ars…Spurs. Lucas Moura doesn’t get a look in in the Brazilian squad and he looks like a real player today so far…

Thanks to the helpful poster for the DAZN Japan tip a couple of weeks ago. Was it you @Semmy ?DAZN

1 Like

My usual abilities at picking a winner in evidence there. Vieira one step further towards the Arsenal job.

4 Likes
1 Like

That can be copied almost every year at some stage of the season.

3 Likes

It just did not look right spurs at the top of the table. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

They don’t look right anywhere in the table, they are just that weird.

3 Likes

Possibly :slight_smile: