The Spursy Thread

Kane playing in the Europa Conference League after the transfer window has closed is definitely giving off this kind of vibe…

3 Likes

Ahhhh hahaha I laugh and then spewed a little in my mouth

1 Like

This is interesting.

https://youtu.be/Q5xYu9kJ9C8

3 Likes

:grimacing:

6 Likes

They’ve become so…. Spursy :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like
3 Likes

1 + 7 = 8th

:thinking:

4 Likes

Have said earlier in the season that Spurs missed a trick when they did not cash in on Kane and built a real team and not a one man squad. How do you expect the rest of the team to feel when they started the season well only for the guy who created a hooha to sashay back in to the team without any repercussions. They really should get rid of Kane while the value is there and allow Nuno to build a real team. But they might have missed the boat to extract maximum value if Kane goes on to have a stinker of a season.

5 Likes

The problem with that sort of thinking, is you expect Daniel Levy to work in a ‘normal’ manner. and make a reasonable amount of the transfer fee available to the manager to reinvest.

But with the debts racking up due to the new stadium and also due to the loan they took out to cover Covid losses, you know that most, if not all of the Kane funds would have gone to paying off debts so would be weakening the side without allowing the manager to use money to strengthen in any way

2 Likes

That win over City on the opening day was the best Spurs performance I’ve seen in years. Since then Kane’s returned and they’ve fallen off a cliff. No surprise. It’s bad enough having a key player unsettled but when it’s the captain it’s toxic. He may still go to City in January but they have probably moved on to other targets now. Even if Levy had spent the Kane money paying off debts it would have been a smarter move to sell him.

2 Likes

They did spend quite a bit on bringing players in this window. They were also linked to a number of other players that they appear to have failed to land. I suspect they may have been willing to let Kane go had they managed to get any of those players (Martinez, Traore or Vlahovic for example).

It will be interesting to see what happens in the January window…

1 Like

I think Levy outsmarted himself. He wanted 150mil but City thought Kane would pressure Levy to sell and didn’t raise their bid. Also, as @aussielad said, bulk of the Kane money would have gone to address off-field issues.

1 Like

That money was already set aside for transfer though, and we all know what a snake Levy can be when it comes to money, so I have serious doubts that had Kane been sold, the manager would have seen a significan increase in transfer kitty

1 Like

Presumably some of the Kane transfer money would have been used on his immediate replacement? If they already had £50-70m put aside for Vlahovic or Martinez, and their other summer signings then I don’t see why they would need to spend any of the Kane fee on new players.

The real difficulty they face is trying to get good players to sign for them without CL football and without getting exhorbitant wages. That and Levy not liking when players or rival clubs try to dictate terms to him.

1 Like

I agree that Spurs missed a trick in not selling Kane.

Could have bought Toney and Sarr, or whoever… point being, two good players, hungry and stepping up; and still had plenty left over to stock the stadium’s fromagerie.

1 Like

Spurs are wearing that kit again.

I don’t think Warrior ever served up anything as bad as that.

Losing to Vitesse…*

*famous for being from Arnhem

Apparently they are also known for play acting in Holland according to the pundit.**

**You know said pundit has never watched a game of Dutch football that isn’t Ajax vs PSV.

And Jenas does his at the pub presenting.

3 Likes

As a gardener, I think that’s outstanding.

1 Like

Oh, oh, you should have watched Bodø-Glimt vs As Roma instead ! You fool ! That game was magic and I am still stunned and more than a bit enthusiastic ! :smiley:
Worst of all, Bodø-Glimt just played their normal game, it just worked better than normal, lol ! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :scream_cat:

Only had the option of that or Lazio so yeah at least I got a goal