The Spursy Thread

I think City will turn their attention away from Kane now and go for Haaland next summer. He’s got to be the better option, considering his age.

So, Conte will probably go 3-5-2 with Kane and Son up top. Will be interesting to see who occupies which positions at CB and who plays in which exact structure in central midfield.

Fixed for accuracy

1 Like

Paratici is going to have be very convincing about the bright Spurs future to have much of a shot at Conte. I don’t see a radically different situation in the near term at Spurs than the one that Conte walked away from at Inter.

Does everyone like to see the likes of Spurs and Arsenal regress? For me it gets me giddy that there are so many Arse/Spurs work colleagues that are being put in their place after I’ve only been hearing for years about their ‘World Class’ squads.

But at the end of the day, there are advantages and disadvantages to seeing the top tier pool shrinking. If its just us, City, United and Chelsea that really have any meaningful chance at the title, then there are less points being taken off by Arsenal and Spurs to our competitors and to us. But it also means that we will only ever be fighting it out with 3 other clubs that have hugely superior finances to us. Plus those 3 teams will have a free run at stealing any talent left at those clubs.

Yeah I actually do want these teams to rebound somewhat for the competition’s sake. Fuck creating another La Liga.

Knowing how Conte has a shelf life of 2 years max because of the trouble he causes behind the scenes, this isn’t going to end too well is it?

Reports in Italy have Conte being offered an 18-month contract.

Kane out and Vlahovic in.

Possibly.

Thing is no one is winning anything with this spurs team. Theyre shocking

1 Like

Yet a significant number of Spurs fans appear to think the club should be bringing back Pochettino…

It occurs to me that Conte might take an 18 month contract, wait for the ManU job to come up, and only have one year to pay off at the end of this season.

1 Like

Conte is combustible and there will be issues with Levy. If the rumours of an 18 month deal are true, it seems very pragmatic. Whip them into shape, get a new manager bounce, and then as relationships between manager and everyone else at the club break down, there’s no big payoff.

And the victor was…

1 Like

I am worried that you are right. Only a few clubs will have enough money and pull, and I fear City is one of the most likely. Which would suck, since I take delight in how well he does which would be far more difficult for me to do if he went to that club.

2 Likes

What next for Nuno? Farke seems solid at Norwich, having promoted them twice. The Saudis will eye a bigger fish, probably. Nuno might be done in the PL. Head back to Portugal.

1 Like

Germany and Italy is a possibility as well, as is Spain.

1 Like

Talk is they want Eddie Howe

Nuno would have been better off not taking the job. It was clear to see that he wasn’t really who Spurs wanted in the first place. But obviously the man has to work so it was probably a tough job to turn down.

That said, I suspect he’s been paid well. What bearing the 4 months has on his future will be a wait and see. But anything is possible in football.

It seems that there are a lot of underperforming clubs that have had to bring in managers they didn’t really want - Koeman to Barca, Nuno to Spurs, heck even Jose to Roma is a mad one. Conte to Spurs will be another storm in a
tea cup situation, whilst Barca chasing Xavi now, even though the Barca president isn’t his fan - can’t see that going well…

1 Like

Would be intriguing if all managers without a job in one pot…all clubs who want a manager, in another pot…bit like a cup draw…see who ya get…ONLY JOKING!!!

1 Like

Haha, Bournemouth Echo reporting wildly Scott Parker is also under consideration. Please!

1 Like

They could do worse than installing Chris Hughton on an interim basis.

1 Like