The Spursy Thread

I think it is frustration at seeing Chelsea and ourselves stumble while not really kicking on themselves despite having spent money under Conte. I think his negativity and spending demands also brings out that expectation amongst the fanbase.

It’s nonsense. In Kane they have arguably the most high profile, successful and valuable academy graduate of any team in the league. He is the absurdly obvious answer if O’Hara’s question was referencing a single high profile player (which seems to be the comparison).

Beyond that thought Spurs’ academy has done quite well. Both Skipp and Tanganga came through their academy. As did Winks, a player who might be considered surplus by the current manager, but is someone who has earned multiple England caps and was arguably their best player in a CL final. City and Chelsea inarguably have the “best” academies in the country in terms of the number of PL quality they churn out, and neither of those are getting as many minutes out of their academy grads as Spurs as.

2 Likes

Yeah, in retrospect I understand it. Robbie Mustoe is someone who is normally very forgiving of the sort of pragmatic, organization first football it sometimes take to get results, but even he was pulling his hair out at how boring a performance it was from them.

1 Like

Arsenal used their time in the Europa league building under one or two managers, Spurs did but then decided to spunk money everywhere.

Arteta has been through it with the fan base at Arsenal several times but the board says he is our man.

Maybe Arsenal just got lucky maybe it’s a one off but settled management and teams is a good thing sometimes.

1 Like

Potential back up for Salah for 2-3 years?

He is the most confusing player. Both at Spurs and at PSG before, he routinely looked very good most the times I saw him. For his career to have been such a dud he must have bee truly terrible in all the other games I never got to see.

1 Like

Little harsh, at no point in his career was he ever touted for big things like Neymar was or Vini is now and throughout his career he’s been rarely spoken of. Very underrated player.

His career path hasn’t been the best but some players are happy enough in their lives that they don’t feel the need to pursue trophies. Look at the other 2 at Spurs.

He’ll be remembered as the guy who single handedly got Spurs to a first ever CL final? and then famously being left out the XI for the final.

Not like Neymar, but he came to Europe with much higher expectations than spending half his career on the bench at a mediocre club like Spurs.

1 Like

Again, a little harsh…he was very much a regular until Conte came in. For what Spurs paid for him I think he’s done very well there given the limits to what Spurs can achieve season in season out.

A lot of young players fall victim to not reaching their full potential based on performances on the pitch or winning trophies/awards…but I always say it’s better to be a player who makes a difference at a club that’s clearly not expected to win anything than a player (like a Morata - first name I thought of) who gets these undeserved privileges (I’d like to know who his agent is btw) of moving to big club after big club claiming titles all over Europe despite not playing as big a part.

Also really like(d) the look of Moura, can’t quite get my head around why he isn’t more successful than he is

1 Like

He’s been there now across 4 permanent managers and for none was he a real first choice option. The only season he started the majority of their games was due to lots of games missed by Kane and Son.

2 Likes

Nah.

Was interesting at different little periods, but not anymore.

1 Like

35 years old and climbing onto the fence at a stadium so you can kick a professional footballer in the back?

Gonna go out on a limb here, the cunt who kicked Ramsdale is probably a deadshit.

I honestly thought he was a teenager when I saw it.

1 Like

35, really? He looked 15 to me.

He shouldn’t be allowed in any ground again ever.

Surprises me how many are given bans just at that ground.

3 Likes

Lloris starting to concede some poor goals lately.

Contract until 2024.

Spurs might have to get themselves a goalkeeper to maybe start challenging or overtake him sooner than that.

1 Like