The Spursy Thread

Be can replace Penandes in both the diving and penalty taking stakes.

1 Like

Thats a lot of trophies tbf, where does he keep them all?

Dear me, trouble in paradise … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Minutes aren’t the only thing you don’t have you miserable fart.

Someone remind him how many goals he has in a Spurs shirt…if someone tells him enough times his brain might finally come to terms with processing that.

Very unlikely, He is from Everton.

2 Likes

Why would anyone ever want to play in the same team as the glory hunter Kane anyway…

1 Like

Spurs fans fairly irate not just about the exit to Milan, but the manner of it. Haven’t watched the match, but it sounds like a dismal, passive performance when they just needed a single goal.

With Conte walking away unloved at the end of the season, Kane has to be thinking it is now or never. He will be 30 next year, and in the last year of his contract. More or less sets up a perfect situation for him to compel the Spurs to sell him or see nothing for him in 2024.

1 Like

Conte hasn’t won a CL knockout game since 2013. I’m not really sure why he thinks he’s too good for Spurs.

I’d expect Kane to stay, especially if Poche returns.

I was going say sometimes managers get too old and that sort of reminded me of Conte.

Then I looked he is only 53.

I dislike this prick so much. Seems hes settled in well and making friends.

2 Likes

Living in the UK for 5 years now and still not able to do an interview in English, tosser.

That’s the mix zone, it’s possible that it was asked from Brazilian or other non-English media.

But yeah, many players struggle to do it or simply don’t want to.

Lost in all that, he’s scored just 2 goals in all competitions this season. This is the “form” he thinks justifies him playing. Their hard tackling CM has scored double that.

3 Likes

More evidence he and Joelinton were separated at birth. Joelinton also has scored twice.

Joelinton has at least been turned into a box to box workhorse midfielder though so, thankfully for him, goals shouldn’t be much of a measure of his value. He was their player of the year last year despite only scoring 3 goals.

There’s no love with Conte. He sees the lay of the land and wants out. He will get another job no problem. Hopefully he stays in the post until the end of the season and Spurs limp along like a lame duck.

The new manager choice will be interesting.

Poch? Maybe. But then again, they say you should never go back.

Tuchel? Won’t take long for Basil Fawlty to fall out with Levy. He will start fast, but then his personality will grate and the players will stop playing for him, and he will go to war with the Chairman for more money.

Thomas Frank? Not proven at the highest level, but on the other hand he has done very well at Brentford, and there’s a sense in which he could be a manager on the up. But this is a gamble too.

Edit: as for Richarlison, for years I couldn’t stand him. Then I heard he had a social conscience and did stuff for poor people back in Brazil. Not sure how true that is, but if he did, fair play to him for that.

But overall I can’t warm to the fella.

Two goals? Bugger off big nose!

1 Like

He donates 10% of his salary to a cancer charity in the UK apparently. You can only take your hat off to that.

5 Likes

I want my villains to be consistent!

But fair play to him for that.

I would only kick him in the plums once or twice then :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, it is sort of annoying that such a prick can also be sort of a good guy. Among the Brazil team members, he is an outlier as openly not a supporter of Bolsonaro.

4 Likes