The Summer Olympics, this time in Paris

Just noted Boxing has gone from the next Olympics, Weightlifting and Modern Pentathlon got reprieves.

There is the return of Baseball and you’ve got Cricket and Lacrosse for the first time since 1908.

Interesting the Athletics will swap with Swimminb in the order. You’ve also got an odd American Football tag thing.

wait, what?

athletics in the first week, swimming in the second?

for what reason? change for change sake?

that’ll completely upside down the aussie olympic experience.

1 Like

That’s because it’s in the northern hemisphere.

D’uh.

So your saying everything in this funny hemisphere is upside-down?

1 Like

The hockey match between India and GB was pretty good.

1 Like

Watching the women’s road race cycling and thinking “they’re not going very quickly” then I realized where exactly they were and we’re going up a hill that I was gassed just trying to walk up :joy:

1 Like

Logistics with the stadium.

Apparently the pool events are in the same stadium I think.

Watching the men’s 100m medley relays with a cracking 3 way fight among China, France and GB and 3 legs in the commentators have spoke about no one but the US swimmers.

US fight their way back to second, which is the first time they have failed to take gold in the event ever

1 Like

When you’ve packed too much into your lunchbox…

4 Likes

Kenyan runner in the 400m heats collapses to the ground after twanging something in the back of his leg. The US commentary summing up helpfully confirms that as he did not finish he wont be running in the repechage heat :joy:

That’s why I VPN and use BBC for the Olympics. Not only are they commercial free but they actually try and show you important events going on not just events where they think GB might win a medal (of course they do focus on GB athletes but usually not at the detriment of other important events).

My experience of NBC is from Tokyo and it was just way too Team USA focused, even cutting to a commercial during a world record swim presumably because the girl was Australian so they thought no one would care.

2 Likes

This track looks like it’s going to produce some fast times. The 400m heats seemed quick for a first round, but Louie Hinchliff looks he’s going to miss out on a spot in the final despite running a 9.97 in his semi

1 Like

Noah Lyles did it. What a finish.

cracking race

1 Like

He’s beautiful to watch. With everyone else straining so hard they started tying up he was so fluid and graceful.

https://x.com/KFCBarstool/status/1820200890281967916

2 Likes

Situation like this, why not award both a Gold Medal - would seem only fair

3 Likes

“I think the sport is too competitive, no offense to any other sport,” the 23-year-old Thompson said. “It’s too competitive for us to share a gold medal.”

2 Likes

He lost even though he crossed the last line first but Lyle’s chest was the measuring point but giving him the win for a 5/1000th is OTT in the past they both would have got gold.

1 Like