The Summer Olympics, this time in Paris

I read a piece about a few weeks ago where the Dutch Olympic committee said he had gone their standard process for dealing with things like this and so that cleared him for selection. And my thoughts was why do you have a process already in place for deciding on whether a man who raped a 12 year old should be able to compete again?

2 Likes

Read about this a fortnight back, how slow have they moved on it :roll_eyes:

Anyhow I loved that BMX racing thing 4 years ago :joy:

Paula Radcliffe said he shouldn’t be punished twice.

It’s nice that thick as fuck comments from barely sentient pundits isn’t just limited to football.

5 Likes

You’ve not come across Andrew Castle on the tennis :grimacing:

1 Like

https://x.com/BowesChay/status/1816453089638908016

2 Likes

Read about if either 1 or 2 weeks ago when the head of the Australian team said there was no way that someone with that sort of conviction would be selected for Australia

1 Like

I am looking forward to:

Athletics
gymnastics/ rhythmic
artistic swimming
basketball
Breaking (breakdancing)
Volleyball
BMX cycling
Canoe slalom
Cycling track
Handball
Diving
Pentathlon
Skateboarding
Sport climbing
Football
Weightlifting

1 Like

You’ll be tired after all that M. Don’t forget to hydrate!

4 Likes

Isn’t that just a list that Steve Baker the former MP was planning to do when he lost his seat?

5 Likes

Nah; rhythmic gymnastics is far too woke for him.

3 Likes

I am hoping I catch a segment of each of those sports as well as every sport in the Olympics. I hope I get an Olympic medal for ‘Olympic watching’.
I always loved that bit, standing on the podium getting the medal, wearing me Olympic tracksuit, waving to the crowd, crying your eyes out , sending :heart_hands: to your family in the audience and checking out the medal.

2 Likes

bbcsport

Canada women’s football manager Beverly Priestman has been removed as Olympic head coach and suspended by the country’s football federation.

Canada Soccer said it took the action because “over the past 24 hours, additional information has come to our attention regarding previous drone use against opponents, predating the Paris 2024 Olympic Games”.

A drone was flown over New Zealand’s training session on Monday.

4 Likes

she’ll be fucking spewing she wasted it on the NZ team…no disrespect intended, if you’re gonna risk it, it should have been a spain or something…

either way…heavy is the head that wears the crown and all, but surely she isnt the only one to fall if the real issue is the drone…

1 Like

Two other staffers were already sent home yesterday, I suspect the ‘additional information’ is information that directly implicates her.

edit: Seeing some of the coverage now, and it is looking really bad. I suspect her employment is done. Past cheating, possibly including the last Olympics. Canada Soccer is on far too fragile financial footing to have a millstone compromise their image for sponsorship.

2 Likes

I lost 3 front teeth playing this game.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1816830875138400404

4 Likes

Shame he wasn’t arrested by a certain police officer who works at Manchester airport.

Maryam is great

1 Like

Anyone else watching the opening ceremony? I am so excited tbh

:beers:

2 Likes

It’s tonight???