The Tesco Test…

I don’t consider Tesco attractive, I’ve had a long term crush on M&S. Wouldn’t kick Waitrose out of bed either.

Slag.

Cameron Diaz isn’t particularly attractive. Cruz and Johannsen are.

Johannsen can act better than the other two.

Looks do help actors and actresses get a head start in their career , but they still need to be competent at their jobs to be reasonably successful.

1 Like

nice try , you aren’t fooling anyone.

What’s the most attractive supermarket in your part of the world?

Spar was pretty okay as far as general supermarket metrics are concerned. Not sure it exists now. It’s all been home delivery for me.

There are Walmart etc around but they are more of stores for B2B and not really customer centric. But pretty bleh in terms of design.

Spencer’s been okay though.

1 Like

Spar is a German chain (sparen = save). Do you think Spencer’s is related to Marks & Spencer’s?
It’s a bit expensive isn’t it?

I don’t think there’s a relation. Was started by someone called Spencer in 1863 but is owned now by an Indian conglomerate.

Spencer’s isn’t expensive in India.

1 Like

I’ve been to Spencer’s in Kolkata and it seemed more expensive than other options, but you are the expert on Indian supermarkets.

… because he has it delivered by …? :rofl:

Yep.
I’m sure most of us would agree Susan Boyle would be just a bit ordinary if she was behind a Tescos checkout.

1 Like

There are much better looking men and women walking down the street than some who have been held up by “hollywood” as beautiful.That’s not to say that some of those on screen aren’t also beautiful,but you can be guaranteed that at some point during your day,if you are looking,you will walk past a beautiful looking individual that would surpass cameron diaz,scarlet johannson,penelope cruz and even channing tatum.

2 Likes

True…

Pretty much the same. Most essentials are the same price in all supermarkets give or take a few rupees here and there.

I like Eva Mendes but haven’t a clue how she ended up on my flat screen.

I do know people say, “Don’t fuck with Flobs” so I doubt I’d have much chance anyway.

Another thing I have noticed is how disappointed women look when they insist that I answer the question, “how old do you think I am?”
I do insist they don’t ask me that but they are more insistant than me.
Even in an action movie these women have soo much makeup on I think they must be at least 60 years old and prancing about like kangaroos (special effects surely).

Anyway in my supermarket (Carrefour) they are all as ugly as sin, they must come from the same special recrutement office

I did like Denise Richards back then quite a bit. I meant in the late 90’s. Safe to say she hasn’t aged gracefully since then.

That’s surely due to all the botox and plastic stuff they all seem to get into.

Emmanuelle Beart is an example, ok not the most beautiful specimen but still nice and got in films due to Daddy but she really messed up the ‘esthetic surgery stuff’ even young she looked more like an extraterrest from a horror movie than a woman.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down.

I think the only question needs to be whether we have unrealistic expectations of actresses. Instead of asking whether they are still attractive if they worked as a checkout chick, perhaps ask what they look like after waking up next to them.

See, this is what those actresses look like without the makeup:

Some of them look like people I know. Scarlet is the spitting image of my cousin.
They all look normal. Hollywood actresses in movies look anything but. They look like they’ve sat in an makeup truck for 6 hours.

I doubt there are many naturally stunning women - “stunning” in a Hollywood dictated sense.