The thread for jokes that don’t meet Flobs’ exacting standards

Good coffee though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never noticed a problem with that until I moved to France and some friends were going to visit that region, I couldn’t correct them as I was laughing so much. I mean it’s not written Worchester, is it? so completely logic. :rofl:
It’s like people who say Ex ee ter no it’s on the river exe and pronounced Exe ter. :rofl: Exe teeerrr! sorry.

Again…who is Alisong…

and yet its on the banks of the River Exe, or is it Ex or X.

River Exe but pronounced X. :rofl: So another exemple of Arminius’ English orthography.

I remember hearing a story (maybe an urban myth) of an Antipodean traveller arriving at Heathrow and asking the best way to get to Loogabarooga? When the person asked for clarification of the place name the traveller showed them the name written down. It turned out that it was Loughborough. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Neither is it pronounced Worchester…

Hence Ghoti.

1 Like

The young Everton fan whose phone was snatched off him by Ronaldo arrives in court for his compensation claim.

5 Likes

That is brilliant.

Silly language.

… what I said! :rofl:

Leicester is the one that’s really difficult. :rofl:

4 Likes

And that’s almost sensible compared to its neighbour Loughborough. OUGH in there twice and totally different sound on each occasion.

The classic joke in these parts is of the foreigner asking a taxi driver to take them to lou-ga-ba-rou-ga.

TIL I have no idea how to say Loughborough

If you want to sound like a local it’s Luff-bruh

I would pronounce that lock bura

I thought this was the jokes thread

Never had a problem with the English language myself. Maybe that’s because I’m English.

1 Like

fuck yeah. the BEST.

The funniest one was talking to an American couple at work a few years ago, and she insisted on saying it as Wash-ya-sista.

Honestly was one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard

1 Like