The TV Thread redux

:see_no_evil: :rofl:

1 Like

We never got the Radio Times or the TV Times, but we did in December precisely so we could do that with the christmas telly

1 Like

Same, only ever got them at Christmas.
But back in those days, the TV guide was in the local paper every day, and you only had 3 channels to browse through.
Fuck me theyā€™ve got it tough these days.

Turns out this was terribly shit. As a straight up Yakuza drama it was ok. But watching it knowing the fucking journalist at the center of the story, the guy who stands up to the yakuza, who publicly challenges them, bullies the police and is basically positioned as hero, thinks its a memoir of his life in japan makes it ridiculous. The guy is a fabulist, and one who doesnt even write a particularly great story.

It did make me want to visit Japan though. The scenery was beautiful.

2 Likes

Binned off His Dark Materials, canā€™t get past the crap acting and tedious dialogue. A shame as the world itself seems very interesting.

Started The Sopranos instead.

Also Brassic, which is very good.

2 Likes

Tulsa King :+1:

Alan Carr (talking about his home renovation show): ā€œWhatā€™s the oneā€¦the stick with a bubble?ā€

Graham Norton: ā€œA levelā€

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On the list, good?

Its tongue in cheek mafiaā€¦ Good chance you will be hooked after the first episode - Stallone is brilliant :+1:

1 Like

Sold :+1:

I enjoyed the recruit, 1st season.

Frequently advertised The Last of Us starts tomorrow.
Might give it a go.

Itā€™s getting so much good press, but I just know how I can get myself up for another post-apocalypse zombie thing. It feels like Walking Dead squeezed everything there was out of that genre and then drove it into the ground.

Still something with Lyanna Mormont and Oberyn Martell? Im in.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hyped for The Last of Us as the game was awesome. Iā€™m not zombied out yet, probably because I disengaged with The Walking Dead after thinking season one was shit and hearing it only got worse since that.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on the fence. I heard the game was awesome but never played it because it didnā€™t look to be my type of game. Iā€™ve heard the tv show looks really but again, not sure it is quite for me. I would be surprised if the show wasnā€™t worth watching (for fans of that sort of genre)

I never played the game, but watched a couple of videos of it on YT and must say, it looked amazing.

Definitely 1 of the cross-overs that I am keen on, but also worried if they can do the orginial material justice or will they fuck it up

1 Like

The good thing about the adaptation is that The Last of Us isnā€™t particularly lore heavy, itā€™s just the story of a man trying to transport a young girl to somewhere safe during an apocalypse. TLOU2 has expanded that universe somewhat but itā€™s still essentially just a survival game.

So I donā€™t expect any over the top fan backlash like Rings of Power.

2 Likes

Yes, this is why I think it should be fairly successful.

I played Dying Light for a while, figure itā€™s all the same premise of survival. Canā€™t imagine thereā€™s much else to build on that hasntā€™ been thought of already.

Doubt Iā€™ll watch it, too many other shows Iā€™ve not seen yet. Forgot about Narcos Mexico, just finished Season2 last night.

1 Like