The TV Thread redux

I just bought Dying Light but haven’t got around to it yet. Started Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time last night so probably will be a while before I try anything else!

1 Like

it’s Witcher3 set in the late 1800’s wild west. Fun to play for a few weeks before the open world gets boring.

1 Like

I love both the witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2 games. Geralt and Arthur Morgan must be two of the best game characters over the last decade or so.

Dying light was a bit too chaotic. One of the first missions involves setting traps to car engines and I got really frustrated as I kept dying when doing it - only to find hours later I was trying to rig the wrong cars :rofl:

back on topic

I’m eyeballinging Wednesday next, and thinking about taking a shot at The Wire which I’ve never watched. And Parks & Rec.

problem is, I just don’t have time for marathons of TV. I’m good for 30-45 min a few times a week and a LFC game when it’s on.

:astonished:

1 Like

The Wire is every bit as good as the hype suggests.

4 Likes

The Wire is excellent. P& R also is good, BUT the first season in the weakest in my opinion, so I always urge people to try two seasons.Or at least a few episodes into season 2 before giving up on it.

1 Like

I finished watching Echo 3,it was a decent watch up untill the last episode. What a fucking let down and BS ending.

The Prez character arc is one of the most surprising and rewarding ones telly has ever had.

3 Likes

Alice Morgan says hello

sexy make love GIF

Alice Morgan is a great character but theres never been a show that nailed character development like The Wire. Even characters who speak once every 15 episodes feel fully fleshed out and like they complete journeys.

1 Like

I get about an hour a week to play these games so a few weeks of gameplay will last me about a year!

1 Like

Shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt

1 Like

Think I’ve now watched the whole lot about 5 times now

2 Likes

First episode of The Last Of Us was brilliant. Really did the source material justice, and the added opening scene was excellent.

1 Like

Parks & Recreation is great once you get beyond the first season.

Watched 1899. I heard that it’s been discontinued. Probably for the best. They tend to ruin a series trying to extend.

So, what else should I try next?

There was never any intention to go beyond 3 seasons. The writers come from a film background and so seem very stuck on a story in 3 acts approach, and so set out to write this over 3 seasons. They had a story to tell and we’ll likely now never get to see it.

1 Like

It was pretty good. Though I don’t get alternate reality that well.

Tulsa King
or on Netflix… Travelers