The TV Thread redux

Who ever mentioned Happy Valley thankyou.
Started watching series one and am up to episode 5.

Brilliant :+1:

2 Likes

Never watched it as i couldnt take Sarah Lancashire seriously. Given the positive recommendations on here maybe i will take a look.

I remember starting to watch that a few months back. Will give it a try again. :+1:

Anything on Amazon Prime?

I liked the concept and history/story attached to the series Outlander
For differing reasons I watched and enjoyed The Blacklist - Mare of Easttown - Blue Bloods -
Will bring up the Amazon list first chance lfti and jog my memory on some others

Outlander is a bit lovely dovey for me. I have watched Black List. The other two arenā€™t available.

You mean The Mandalorian

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

What is it with Sarah Lancashire? She has a bit of a reputation but Iā€™m in the dark as to why.

Happy Valley is an excellent show regardless.

Probably from her days as dippy Raquel in Corrie.
Very good actress (am I allowed to call her actress?)

2 Likes

Iā€™d be preparing for a knock at the door.

1 Like

Amazon- if you like a bit of mindless action entertainment (who doesnā€™t?) - Reacher and Jack Ryan are both fun shows.

As Dane says itā€™s from her days on Corrie and just after. She was presented as some sort of Glamour star by the show and ITV which i donā€™t think suited her. Made it harder for me to take her seriously.

She most certainly isnā€™t glamour in Happy Valley, itā€™s really well written, really well acted. Not a huge fan of cop dramaā€™s but this is top notch.

3 Likes

I started Jack Ryan got to Ep4 I think. havenā€™t had time to pick it up again

Started watching the first episode of ā€œthe last of usā€, excellent so far. I donā€™t know anything about it so am watching without any preconceived ideas (ala lord of the rings).

I found The Last of us quite boring.

But then thatā€™s probably me, I only made it through a few episodes of The Walking Dead before sacking it off.

Post apocalyptics zombie films and shows just donā€™t really do it for me.

World War Z was pretty good and the Romero films, but the rest just bore me.

Sky Arts, White Riot, about the Rock Against Racism movement.
Very interesting and informative.

1 Like

If your interested in crime investigation documentries and in particular unsolved crimes, check out Hunt For The Zodiac Killer.

1 Like

Iā€™m halfway through the prequel novel ā€˜The book of Dustā€™ and can confirm that when people have sex, their daemons have a bit of a snuggle.

1 Like

Damn, I wanted to see full on crocodile hamster banging.

If youā€™ve read the book, World War Z is a travesty of an adaptation.