The TV Thread redux

Ah, so he defended Trump for molesting kids?
Erm, ok

I said he defends child molesters, not that he defends the act of molesting children.

In the Trump example the fact heā€™s ā€œanti-wokeā€ was more important to Lydon than the sexual assault allegations.

Its unfortunate that a man who seemingly once risked at least part of his career and income to speak up about rumours on Jimmy Saville has turned into someone who doesnā€™t think sexual assault allegations are particularly important as long as his politics aligns with the accused.

3 Likes

Vague and generic way of accusing someone of ā€œdefending child molestersā€ because he said he would vote for the politics his views align with.

Bit like saying more than half the UK defended a war criminal after the 2005 general election.

If they went on TV and waved away the accusation of being a war criminal then yes, it would be similar.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure millions did, just not on TV.
But point taken

1 episode to go with Shrinking, didnā€™t have particularly have high expectations but itā€™s taken me by surprise how much Iā€™ve enjoyed it. Not heard of the actress who plays Segelā€™s (somewhat estranged) daughter but she played the part to perfection.

I havent seen it yet, but Bill Lawrence is great. He is the guy behind Scrubs and Ted Lasso so the chances of this being good were high.

1 Like

Mike Flanaganā€™s new one on Netflix comes out today - Edgar Allen Poeā€™s Fall of the House of Usher

Happy Pumped Up GIF

Finished off Ahsoka last night. Slightly weird ending with everything left open.

I came into the series really skeptical following everything that Disney had done and it started very much in the same vein. But it has some interest thanks to the back story behind Ahsoka.

Overall I found it ok but for me Ray Stevenson absolutely bossed it. Such a towering screen presence with just hints of an interesting back story that draws you into his character. The other characters didnā€™t quite live up to that level for me with a story line that is again a little lame. What is it with Disney and people who donā€™t want to be found leaving maps? Plus they seemed to fluff out one whole episode with Anakin as if theyā€™d run out of ideas.

I hope itā€™s more like the first one he did than the following two.

Midnight Club was ok, but I didnā€™t really get on with Bly Manor at all, found it boring.

1 Like

Are you missing Midnight Mass? Quite different in style, as was more monster than ghostly horror, but I thought it was very good. A real return to form after the mess that Bly Manor was and Carla Guginoā€™s awful manchester accent, which is quite possible the worst attempted regional British accent by an American actor in the history of TV.

On this, I got one episode on and so far so good.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve heard from someone else I know whoā€™s watching it, and they binged the first three in one sitting, sounds like good fun

I think assuming that most people would have seen the clone wars and rebels animated series is a failure as far as getting more people to watch it is concerned

You canā€™t have Ahsoka as a Character without referencing Anakin though. I thought it was cool them having that episode.

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with him being there but a whole episode that had nothing to do with the story line? Na not for me.

Another thing that bugs me with Anakin throughout all the films series etc. is that considering heā€™s supposed to be one of the most powerful jedo ever he sure as hell takes a beating quite often. And of course Ahsoka landed one on him.

I really enjoyed midnight mass, some good twists. But for me suffers a bit like other Flanagan shows which sort of feel like they arent doing anything for a few episodes in the middle.

Iā€™m interested in how he does with the latest one.

Just finished One Piece, and I absolutely loved it from start to finish. Really cant wait for the second season.

One Piece GIF by NETFLIX

5 Likes

This has been picked up by Alibi in the UK and starts on Wednesday 9pm. First season is six episodes.

I enjoyed it very much, but then itā€™s very much my kind of thing.

Interesting. I looked at it but ultimately gave it a pass because AMC (the US network that carries it) has just had miss after miss in recent years. I mentioned recently how they licenced some of their content to HBO in the US and so I tried Gangs of London and that only reinforced why Iā€™d been ignoring AMC content, but might give this a go if you think itā€™s good.

Thanks for the heads up, iā€™ll try to watch that or at least the first episode to see what its like.

Is this you in cartoon form?
The one on the right - Obviously.