The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Maybe 2 years ago, but not today. I think giving him a new contract is a mistake. You can already see he is starting to decline. He doesn’t have the pace anymore and he hardly ever takes and beats someone 1v1, something he was sooo good at in the past. He is turning into more of a creator, which is fine, but if we can get a big fee for him I think the time may be right given the change in manager. I suspect Edwards also has this view given his diagreement with Klopp over ageing players.

I don’t mind if we sell or be winds down his contract.

I think it would be a mistake to give him another deal.

If we let go of one I hope we try and keep Diaz, too many changes could damage us on the pitch. I’d give VVD another deal as I don’t think his quality has dropped in fact he’s playing at the level he was.

4 Likes

Id give Mo a 12 month extension. That gives the new manager 6 months to decide if he is still capable of playing to the level required Nd if not sell him in January with 18 months to run meaning we can still get decent money

2 Likes

You’d give, but would he accept?

There are two sides here that need to agree.

2 Likes

Salah and Diaz - 180m.

Go after Frimpong (40m), Musiala (80m) and that Otavio chap at the back for Porto who looked boss in both games against the Arse.

Then the leftover goes towards a new contract for Virg.

Happy Summer.

If he doesn’t accept, then sell him in January with 6 months left on his contract.

Either way, give the new gaffa 6 months to decide if he wants to keep Mo or not

Are we really crediting his Dad with “trying to engineer a move” because he said something on a random Spanish language podcast?

If he didn’t have a public presence we wouldn’t have any idea what his thoughts are. Just like all our other players parents.

3 Likes

Giorgios Tsimikas thinks his son is better than Robertson.

It’s not the first time to be honest.

Once he says it once he’s going to continue to be asked about it, especially in Spanish speaking media.

It would be nice if he shut up but I don’t know that it has any actual impact on Diaz’s commitment to us or chances of moving to Spain.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not too bothered about it as you said I don’t really know the impact but his awareness of football seems to be a decade behind.

Eh, he’s an old guy. We’re all a bit addled…right @cynicaloldgit?

I agree Mo is declining. He is currently our most reliable source of goals. If he wants to sign an extension, no more than two years, so hopefully we get a good return both ON the pitch for a bit longer, and then OFF the pitch when we sell.

But if he wanted to leave in the summer I would be happy to see the new manager reinvest the fee.

I agree with you on Diaz. The Diaz we see in England and the Diaz we see in Columbia colours are very different.

One thing I noted about Luis Diaz after looking at the match against is that he is very poor on one on ones with the keeper which indicates poor composure. Other than that, he is alright.

But in a team that has Salah being reinvented as a playmaker, that will fuck up LFC big-time given how Nunez is also very poor in his composure as well.

So I was looking at the WCQ between Brazil and Columbia where Diaz scored twice despite not being very involved in the game. One was a corner routine where he scored after being wedged in between his own team-mates and the brazillian defence. The other was a outswinging cross to the far post and Diaz scored.

Both of the goals were headers that Allison Becker couldn’t keep out…In a sense,Diaz has no choice and has no time to think how to score except heading it in. In the same match, all his shots from his feet were all saved comfortably.

The only way for Diaz to prosper is for him to run diagonally into the box and ping it to him but LFC doesn’t build up play that way when TAA is injured.

If LFC is gonna sell Diaz, Hughes should set a pretty hefty price and use that money on Diaz upgrade that has stone-cold finishing…

1 Like

He’s fast, his dribbling is fancy and his finishing is good. But will he come to LFC when Klopp is leaving?

From what I see, it’s flirting with the Spanish Clubs.

Lucho, by the way, is earning less per week than Adrián. That might have something to do with him or his camp flirting with other clubs.

I doubt that is true - only references I see to those numbers are Capology and Spotrac which are not reliable for Football. US Sports yes, Football no. There is a Mirror article that claims this too but they also are using the Capology and Spotrac numbers.

1 Like

Agreed. While there maybe a differential due to coming from a different league, it is hard to imagine that it would be such that a significant forward signing is being paid less than an aged 3rd choice keeper.

Perhaps, if there is any truth in that claim, Adrian has a higher base salary due to not being expected to play and therefore trigger bonuses?

£56,000 per week was first reported by Pedro Sepúlveda. Supposedly fairly reliable for Portugal. He might not be earning less than Adrián, but it does seem like he’s not earning nearly as much as he might.