The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Yeah the £56k was reported independently and certainly true that he could earn more than that with a move.

Just talking about Adrian and those values for players with contract renewals always seem highly inflated. Adrian and Phillips are reported as both earning over £60k per week when I doubt they even make that between them.

1 Like

If Diaz signs a new deal it will be for a lot more. I think he is a smashing player.

Presumably the deal we gave him was a significant upgrade on what he was paid in Portugal, although I struggle to see him getting paid less than our third choice keeper.

Diaz has proved himself in a Liverpool shirt and he is definitely worth a pay increase.

OR…

If he would rather move on, he will get his pay increase that way, but someone will have to pay us a hefty fee. Hard to say what amount, maybe 80M?

Why do have impression that fans haven’t taken to him? His song is sung more than any other at the games. Maybe partly because it’s a cracking tune!

Comparisons to Mané are unfair. He’s one of our best ever in my opinion. Diaz can still be a very good player and have a long career here without reaching Mané levels

4 Likes

Well, because I see “fans” constantly complaining about him.

1 Like

Out of our 5 across the front Luis has played the most but scored the least.It’s not by much but when you compare him to Jota who has played half the minutes Diaz has but has 1 more goal and 1 less assist than Luis does.
IMO they should all be taking shooting practice from Jota.
I think the period when Mo was away and injured back in Jan/Feb showed us we can cope quite well without him and as such if a similar offer comes in as the 1 last summer then we should take it and look to see if we could use it to get someone youngish in who could hopefully achieve a similar level as Mo has for the next 5-6 years.

If Diaz was sold this summer, I wonder if we’d look at a similar profile players of wide attacker such as: Leao, Mitoma, Maelen, etc or if we’d look for more of a central attacker like a Musiala, Wirtz, Olmo, or Simons type?

Could certainly see a future where we depend more on our full backs for the width (some tenuous recent links to Frimpong and Antonee Robinson reinforce my suspicions we are trying to add depth to those areas) and our attackers a little more narrow. Gakpo, Jota, Nunez, Elliot, Salah and Szoboslai would all fit that type of system. Diaz is the one player that would take a hit in a 3-4-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 type system.

Should look for a natural goal poacher this time, I mean, finishing stats should be the No.1 criteria in this transfer window - we have sorely lacked a real striker for a long time.

The likes of Torres, Suarez or Fowler would have scored 40-50 goals per season with the amount of chances we created.

2 Likes

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

4 Likes

Liverpool have no longer interested in Ruben Amorim and are looking for more of a young Postegoglue type manager and that we are looking at signing FC Machida Zalvia striker Mitch Duke and Ipswich Town defender Cameron Burgess.

How did I do, am I now ITK?

1 Like

How did Mitch Duke end up there? He used to be our plumber. Mid forties, beer belly, always moaning about modern piping.

Sounds about the right sort of signing for our new rumoured manager :grinning:

If there’s any truth in this, it might not be such a bad idea looking ahead.

Liverpool and Paris St-Germain are considering a move for Chelsea and England defender Levi Colwill, 21. (GiveMeSport)

Oh, I see we’re again being linked with a Sporting player. I wonder why?
Newcastle and Liverpool are keen on Sporting Lisbon’s 20-year-old Ivory Coast defender Ousmane Diomande, who is also wanted by Chelsea . (Football Transfers)

Think we’ll pass on this one. He hasn’t really lived up to the post World Cup hype.
Liverpool could move for West Ham’s Ghana forward Mohammed Kudus, 23, if 31-year-old Egypt striker Mohamed Salah leaves. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

1 Like

Have read a bit about Diomande in the various Amorim profiles I’ve watched and read, sounds like he’s a real star in the making. Not opposed to a move like that.

I really like Kudus as well, and he’s still pretty young in the grand scheme of things, wouldn’t mind that one either.

5 Likes

Yeah, he hasn’t exploded, but he’s looked dangerous every time I’ve seen him and has decent numbers. Just not as good as Bowen.

1 Like

Turkish Super Lig side Galatasaray are planning to make a move for Liverpool’s Dutch midfielder Ryan Gravenberch, 21, in the summer. (Fotomac)

Portuguese midfielder Fabio Carvalho is set to stay and fight for his place at Liverpool next season under the club’s new manager, despite interest from Hull City where the 21-year-old is currently on loan. (Football Insider)

I wouldn’t object to this happening. Gravenberch hasn’t made much of an impact and Carvalho might provide more of a Coutinho-like link between midfield and attack.

A player with a Portuguese club that isn’t Sporting!

It’s probably the area we’d be looking in anyhow.

Especially when right now we need someone who is good at converting chances more than someone who can make a mess of opponents’ defense - given how atrocious our conversion has been so far.

1 Like

Barcelona are interested in signing Liverpool’s 27-year-old Colombia forward Luis Diaz this summer. (Sport - in Spanish)

OK. So long as we get de Jong plus about 50 million. What’s that? Don’t have the cash? Well, piss off then.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United are among clubs interested in signing Real Madrid’s 28-year-old France defender Ferland Mendy. (L’Equipe - in French, subscription required)

Manchester City face competition from Arsenal and Liverpool to sign Wolves’ 22-year-old Algeria left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri. (Mirror)

:joy:

Might be absolute rubbish, but this says a bit about Turkish clubs these days (able to attract players who are not too old or "dead) and even more about Gravenberch. Going from Ajax to Bayern to Liverpool and ending up being linked with Galatasaray at the age of 22.

2 Likes