The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

He was playing RB this week and was absolutely terrible. Repeatedly got into decent positions and then more or less fell over at trying to figure out how to use his right foot. Had he been able to get into those same positions on the other side Arsenal may well have found themselves in trouble.

1 Like

They can keep De Jong, but if they gave us Gavi and Pedri plus Ā£50M id take it

2 Likes

None of the above and cash upfront or please go way!

They can give us Gavi and that should save on their wage bill.

1 Like

Crystal Palaceā€™s Ā£55m-rated England defender Marc Guehi, 23, is of interest to Liverpool as they seek a replacement for Cameroonian defender Joel Matip, 32, who is set to leave when his contract runs out in the summer. (Football Insider)

2 Likes

Our scouts were in attendance to watch BrĆøndby IF vs FC Midtjylland just over a week ago.

I believe they will have been keeping a close eye on DarĆ­o Osorio and Franculino.

Osorio has been followed by us since his Club Universidad de Chile days.

He has 9 goal contributions in 11 starts for FC Midtjylland this season.

Still a very raw profile, but a lot of potential. Quite tall, left footed and often plays as an RW.

Franculino meanwhile is averaging a goal contribution every 73 minutes at club level this season.

Heā€™s got 18 goal contributions in just 15 starts. Left-footed, only 19 years old. Capable of playing on the wing and as a forward.

Yuito Suzuki also scored a brace in the match. He has 18 goal contributions in 27 matches. While contributing 6 goals & 3 assists in his last 6 games.

The Japanese striker is in great form. Could be set for a big move in the summer.

Perfect signings to bring into FSGā€™s second club and develop in the system.

8 Likes

Saw Teun Koopmeiners wanted by Slot and rated at 50m. If true it might be as first choice together with Macalister as the 2 midfielders in the 4-2-3-1. Two midfielders who have good defensive and play making abilities who makes forward run when needed. Itā€™s almost how we had Gerrard and Lampard in the England setup (although itā€™s still great injustice how Lampard gets more plaudits in the England setup compared to Gerrard just because Gerrard is more versatile). And Bajcetic and Endo as backups to them.

Or it could just be a lazy media link given he played for him at AZ. From what Iā€™ve read heā€™s far more likely to work with younger players heā€™s not already familiar with than go down the Ten Hag route of getting the band back together.

Also, not to forget that our transfer targets are far more likely to originate with Edwards and Hughes (though Slot will no doubt be involved in the decision-making process)ā€¦

3 Likes

I hope not, That was a pretty awful combo.

3 Likes

I know Atalanta won and everything so we have to pretend all their players are great but I came away from the game in Bergamo thinking that Koopmeiners is agonizingly slow.

4 Likes

I hope we donā€™t get Koopmeiners. If we want a defensive midfielder, go to the top of the class and get the very best, so there is no argument that they improve us.

Or stick with the group of midfielders we have, adding Bajcetic to the group, and possibly Trent too if we decide thatā€™s his position.

I donā€™t want a maybe, and thatā€™s Koopmeiners.

There is also a sense that we donā€™t want to overstock with Dutch players. We have three in VVD, Gakpo and Gravenberch. The former has been world class, and hopefully he has a couple of years left in the tank. The other two are decent, but of an age where coaching and natural development could turn them into very good players indeed, but letā€™s see.

There was talk that Slot wanted to add Gertrude as a dependable utility man who he believes he can count on (I will go with the moniker Bekloppt established!)

Itā€™s all fine, but that should be enough Dutchmen without having to add Koopmeiners.

If they have a Van Basten or Gullit knocking about somewhere, fine, sign ALL of them! But I hope we show a little more imagination in the market than going for mid ranking Dutchmen.

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure even whatā€™s Koopmeinersā€™ best midfield role. But from what Iā€™ve seen and the numbers suggest that heā€™s not the type weā€™re missing (or an upgrade on Endo). If weā€™re adding in midfield, then thatā€™s probably not what we need.

1 Like

I just re-read my post and want to state, for the record, that I quite like Gouda cheese, especially the aged sort where you get some crystallization.

Lest anyone think I have it in for the Dutchā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

austin powers GIF

Koopmeiners? Sounds like a Dutch lager to me.

1 Like

Overjarige kaas? Yep, the best.

It was a rumour suggested 6-7 months ago and then 3-4 months ago.

1 Like

There are rumours that the Feyenord right back and captain Lutsharel Geertruida might come to Liverpool with Slot (Ā£30M to Ā£35M) can play anywhere in the whole back line and also at no6 scored 7 goals and is 23 years old has played alongside VVD for the Netherlands

A Dutch player with a name that sounds Dutch?

Uncanny.

3 Likes

If the rumour that Slot wants to bring Geertruida with him, if he is as versatile as it appears, then it may not be a bad idea at all.

1 Like