The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

He’s not good enough. He’s got lucky that a few bounces went his way that allowed him to pad the stats but look at his underlying numbers and his output far exceeds his input (ie. He wont be able to keep it up) and even then his output of 10 goals and 10 assists is not exactly record breaking.

I know some people only saw him get a few runs away from Liverpool’s defence and think he plays like that every week but mostly Gordon is where Newcastle’s attacks die. He can’t pass, can’t create, has a poor shot, technique is not great. Can’t even dribble - he’s literally one of the worst dribblers in Europe - he’s just someone who can run really fast into very obvious counter attacking situations. Against deep set defences, which we face 9/10 times, he struggles.

9 Likes

Mods plz takedown. Gingerism is not okjay

1 Like

…and he’s a dick

1 Like

Not good enough :x:
Dick❌
Ugly❌

Next please…

& neither is being a soft bastardist…but you don’t see me complaining!!! :rage: :rage:

From what I’ve seen in other games this sounds about right.

To me it seemed runs at defence gets fouled.
Or runs at defence gets tackled moans.

1 Like

Seems you’ve misspelled “dives like a twat.”

2 Likes

He’s a mag… a ginge, and dives like a minge it’s Anthony Gorddddd, it’s Anthony Gordddddd.

Nope, nevermind.

I don’t like the way he clicks his heels together when he goes over looking for a penalty.

Reminds me of Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz. There’s no place like home Gordon! For that matter, he falls over so much he might as well be playing in ruby slippers.

Looks wise… he reminds me of Steptoe

1 Like

Yeah fuck him… he had his chance to help Jurgen and the boys, but chose elsewhere

I would be very happy with him. He would be an upgrade in defensive midfield, and could be an astute signing in helping the rest of the team function a bit better.

But we are already well stocked for midfielders numbers wise. So to bring in any new midfielder, we would need to move one on.

1 Like

I completely agree that we are well stocked in midfield, numbers wise.

The issue for me is the blend.

In defensive midfield we have either used Endo, who is a solid squad man but not elite; or someone like Mac Allister, who is an excellent midfielder, and can do just about any midfield role, but I get the sense that it is a bit of a compromise playing him in a defensive role and we lose something going forward.

I see the need for four signings, and depending on outgoings probably in this order:

Central defender
Winger
Defensive midfielder
Left back

1 Like

We also have Morton and Bejcetic coming back who are both primarily DM’s. The question is how well has Morton developed in his time on loan? and how has 12 months out injured hampered Bejcetic and his development?

what happened the no discussion part of this thread? :joy:

1 Like

Oops, my fault entirely. Talked in the wrong thread.

Yeah, it is all @RedOverTheWater’s fault. Totally all his fault.

Absolutely zero blame on my behalf :face_with_peeking_eye:

When in doubt, blame the Australian.

No, no.

…specifically, the infrastructure.

1 Like