The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

This! Agree i’d really want to steer clear, unless maybe his Dutch teammates have insight and understand how to bring out his best. But I think the club has grow from the days we are tempted to take a longshot chance on a talent (cough Balotelli cough) who hasn’t been performing at the level everyone thinks they are capable of…

2 Likes

because hes a mid twenty year old multi millionaire that has been at the club since 9 years old

he has the world at his feet and even though he can do basically whatever he wants after he retires, he’ll never get the chance to play for real madrid or barcelona etc etc again.

as a fan id hate for him to leave, as a player he could go on to become one of our all time greats and maybe break some playing records in the meantime…but as a human, he might have the urge to try something new that virtually no one else apart from a percentage of a percentage of humans ever do

im not saying id love it, im just saying i can understand the pull

LFC is all hes ever known, in this age, more than ever (debatable) experience seems to be valued…how many of us still live in our first postcode?..how many of us sought out a fresh challenge at 25?..

4 Likes

Fair points :+1:

1 Like

I think Trent will go. Just a gut feeling.

2 Likes

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Liverpool and England defender Joe Gomez, 27, is a target for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich . (Mirror)

Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper Alisson, 31, has rejected the chance to join Saudi club Al-Nassr . (Football Insider)

1 Like

Fair points. I’d no idea his wages were that high, so that’d instantly rule him out of any move to us.

I think we’ll move for Pacho or Yoro anyway. Different profile of player on decent, but not mega wages, with room to improve.

1 Like

close enough to Dani Pacheco for me…i knew…i fucking KNEW hed make it here

2 Likes

Would be a big loss of course but on a personal level, to go and play at the top club in the world, why wouldn’t you…?

Much as I dislike Real, I would wish him all the best… through gritted teeth.

Funny you should say that…
https://x.com/David_Ornstein/status/1801316199793352990

3 Likes

???

If they are offering Vini Jnr, Rodrygo, Bellingham and £150M for TAA, why would you ever want to dissuade these guys from coming back?

My sources tell me there’s no effing way either of these things will happen.

Saudi Pro League side Al Nassr want to make Liverpool and Netherlands centre-back Virgil van Dijk the highest-paid defender in the world. (Marca)

Liverpool and Manchester United are both pursuing Lille’s French centre-back Leny Yoro, 18, but Real Madrid are also interested. (Athletic - subscription required)

1 Like

Close enough

11 Likes

I refuse to believe Trent is going anywhere. I don’t think there’s a player I’d be more shocked to see leave than Trent. A homegrown lad? Scouser through and through? A captain-in-waiting? No way.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves, especially if RM are truly interested.

1 Like

Steve McManaman and Michael Owen say hi…

5 Likes

Owen’s from Chester isn’t he? Macca supported Everton growing up and left a poor Liverpool team

2 Likes

The thing is… The game is not just about football these days to some players… It is the razzmatazz of the media sideshow that goes along with it, and the undue pressure it can create - If TAA gets his head turned by something like this, and this only, then it would be a sad day for most LFC fans see him move away

1 Like

I’ve always thought there should be a loan option - even for star players. I would have let Stevie go to Real Madrid for a year in his 20s. Like a gap year or studying abroad for a year.

Go on - go have some fun, maybe a holiday romance, then you can come back and tell us all about it until we’re bored.

Anyway, yeah… if Trent wants to go, let’s offer him a loan for a year. He gets to scratch that itch and we get him back.

Oh - wait, this is an open relationship thing isn’t it? yeah nevermind.

Judging from the shots of him swanning around with the fashionistas in Europe , I’d say it’s already happened. I also agree it’s odds on he’ll end up at Madrid , either we sell him or he sees his contract out.

Thank fuck we’ve got Bradley.

5 Likes

Well his dad Terry was at my primary school in Liverpool. Star footballer at 11. Ran rings round us all…

Not sure where Michael was born but dad is a scouser

2 Likes