The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

If the options are sell or see out contract and leave on a Bosman, hopefully we sell this summer. And at that point, since Real Madrid will be overstocked in attack, I’d like to see Rodrygo come this way.

If Trent signs a new deal, great, as he is such a good player. It’s a strange one though, as there’s a sense in which we accommodate him somewhat, whether it is as a right back or in a new midfield position.

If he stays as a right back, I’d like to see someone like Pacho signed for the left, so when Trent steps up we are still solid at the back.

If he moves into midfield, we probably need someone else too, who is not here at present, so we are solid. Then at that point we are overstocked in midfield and would need to let someone go.

I’m certainly not pushing Trent out the door though. Sign a new deal and Slot will work it out, as Trent is such a good player. But if he doesn’t sign, he is worth too much to not be open to him moving on this summer, and circumstances might align on both sides for some sort of Trent/Rodrygo deal.

1 Like

Agreed. No player is bigger than the club, as we have proved time and again. We also bring a lot to his game and it’s unlikely he’d be as effective in another system - ala England. Real may not actually be a good footballing choice for him but if he wants to go we just have to ensure we extract an appropriately fuck off size fee.

Agree with this, don’t want to see Trent go, but if he wants to go,let him, just hope he doesn’t.
In the event he does want out we need to make it pay enough to bring in another class act, ready now, not in two years.
The Rodrygo ideal has some appeal.

You’re a poet
But you don’t know it

3 Likes

While I wouldn’t like to see him go, he has been fairly poor this season. Defensively he is a liability that we forgive due to his attacking, which is in part due to Klopps system.
It’s strictly up to him but I think the money and lifestyle has gotten to him already and his concentration has dropped.

1 Like

We had a really cute habit on TIA every time we had a player linked with Real Madrid.

“Let him go and we will take millions plus (insert name of Real superstars), see how they like that”.

Its a lovely habit thats continued here…
They can have trent for £200m plus Jude and Rodrygo etc etc…

I remember Owen going there, we got Ronaldo, Zidane, Di Stefano and Figo in return.

7 Likes

I love that you couldn’t resist fixing the typo lol…

4 Likes

Not to mention they sweetened the deal with 8m plus Nunez. Extraordinary what Rick Parry managed to do really!

2 Likes

Well everyone knows it,
But you the one that blows it.

No poetry involved here. Thankfully. This flavour-of-the-month Yoro seems to be destined for RM. Maybe we should offer Quansah a mega-deal to keep RM away from making him a target.

Lille have turned down a £42.3m bid from an unnamed Premier League club for 18-year-old French centre-back Leny Yoro, who has been linked with a move to Liverpool and Manchester United but is said to prefer a transfer to Real Madrid . (Express)

Talking of CBs. Who is Waldemar Anton and is he any good?

Liverpool recently made an enquiry about 27-year-old Stuttgart centre-back Waldemar Anton, who is part of Germany’s squad at Euro 2024 and has a release clause of 22.5m euros (£19m). (Sport Bild - in German)

1 Like

I feel like if we’re talking about a player approaching his late-20s no-one has ever heard of who is still playing at a mid-level club in a farmer’s league… that probably answers the question.

3 Likes

I think he will scare any forward just with his face he got a yellow with a Tommy smith ferocious tackle

You’ve just made Endo cry…

1 Like

Good

2 Likes

I see we’re being linked with Olise now, despite him supposedly being odds on to sign Chelsea. Looks like being in the CL has its advantages.

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder if it will be Olise and Califiori? .

Why would we want a player who has already made his mind up about joining a team that’s not in the CL?

If the links with CFC are true, he’s going for the :pound: and not for football. We don’t want that type of player in the squad.

1 Like

Seeing as he’s already rejected Chelsea (and City, I think?) once last season in order to stay at Palace, I don’t see him as that kind of player tbh. If money was his only motivation he’d have left there already.

I think he’s a really good player, would be up for us bringing him in.

8 Likes

The motivation of a player is an important ingredient in sifting whether or not he is a good fit. We do our homework on all aspects before spending good money. We look into the quality of the player, how he will fit into the squad and team, the injury record and the likely progression the player will take too. But character and motivation are part of the overall screening process, and if Olise is too driven by money, we will swerve.

I don’t see anything to say that he is overly driven by money, but we don’t fully know, one way or the other.

I would imagine if we are in for him, his biggest question for Liverpool will be to ask how much he will play. And maybe at that point we don’t know yet, because there are slight question marks over our wingers.

Salah - will he stay to the end of his deal? Probably. Will he continue on the wing? Maybe, or he might move inside a bit more.

Diaz - will he move? We don’t know. Barcelona are supposed to be interested, but do they have the money that would bring us to the table to negotiate? Probably not, but we will see.

If Olise is thinking he will spend a year as a rotation option if he comes to Liverpool, it is understandable if that is giving him food for thought. Is that the best move for him developmentally? It might be! But I can understand the careful consideration that would be needed.

2 Likes

I’ve watched 66 minutes of Italy vs Spain and its enough that I will personally burn down Fenway Park if we don’t sign this Italian centre back that I’d never heard of before Monday.

6 Likes